Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Garmin G3x Touch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curts63

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: New Garmin G3x Touch Reply with quote

Does anyone have the new Garmin G3X touch system in their Lightning? I'm looking at replacing my MGL with the Garmin system. I'd be putting in one 10" panel, one 7" panel, and autopilot, any thoughts?

Curt

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
curts63

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New Garmin G3x Touch Reply with quote

I asked a few months ago about possibly installing a Garmin G3X Touch system. Well, I decided to do it and wanted to post a couple pics if anyone is interested in doing something similar.

I went with (2) of the 10" displays, Garmin 430W, GTR 20 Comm, GTX 23 ES transponder, GDL 39R, Audio panel, and Autopilot. I already had the 430W and audio panel. I liked the Garmin over the Dynon Skyview system and the cost was relatively the same.

Now that the system is up and running, I think I made the right decision. Out of the box, after wiring, mounting, initial programming, and test flights, it works as advertised. The only minor adjustment to the autopilot was setting the correct gain.

I had someone help with the wiring, he was excellent. The time to rip out and reinstall was fairly quick. I want to mention that while I didn't build this plane, it's a joy to fly and work on. Nick from Arion was always just a phone call away and I appreciate him taking the time to talk to me.

Thanks,
Curt

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dwwilt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: New Garmin G3x Touch Reply with quote

Curt,

Very nice looking panel. Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I include this in the next newsletter? If you want you could write a short article to go with the pictures.

Regards,

Dennis W. Wilt
N616DW (Arion Lightning S/N 132)

--

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: New Garmin G3x Touch Reply with quote

Curt,
Nicely done. Clean and efficient looking

Bear
N82PB

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: