Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TruTrak Autopilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lancair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air.peter(at)googlemail.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: TruTrak Autopilot Reply with quote

Hi colleagues,
I posted it on the TruTrak forum a week ago without any feedback.
So I give it a try here assuming that here is considerable experience with TruTrak autopilot's available.
So I have a Digiflight II VS since a couple of years but tried it first on my first flight two Weeks ago.
Engaging it during flight resulted in immediately descent - and yes the descent rate was 0 on the display.
I tried it again on the ground and recognised that even on ground, not moving the AP tried  to move up or down (I do not remember presently).
Up to now I do not know what I made wrong but am sure that one of you discovered something similar or has a good advise.
Thanks in advance
Peter
LNC360 MKII (D-EPSO)
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lancair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lancair-List
bbradburry(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: TruTrak Autopilot Reply with quote

Peter,
The FAQs on the TruTrak website offer the following:
When engaged, my autopilot dives or climbs randomly
This is most likely caused by a pitch servo that is running in the wrong direction. Check this on the ground by engaging the autopilot in alt hold mode, then move the tail of the aircraft up and down. The elevator should move to counteract your movements; i.e. if you push down on the tail, the elevator should move down as well. If you have an AP with the vertical speed select feature, you can simply command a climb or descent. The stick should move accordingly. If it is opposite, refer to the installation manual for your AP for pitch servo reversal directions.

Bill

From: owner-lancair-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lancair-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Peter Sokolowski
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 9:50 AM
To: lancair-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: TruTrak Autopilot

Hi colleagues,
I posted it on the TruTrak forum a week ago without any feedback.
So I give it a try here assuming that here is considerable experience with TruTrak autopilot's available.
So I have a Digiflight II VS since a couple of years but tried it first on my first flight two Weeks ago.
Engaging it during flight resulted in immediately descent - and yes the descent rate was 0 on the display.
I tried it again on the ground and recognised that even on ground, not moving the AP triedB to move up or down (I do not remember presently).
Up to now I do not know what I made wrong but am sure that one of you discovered something similar or has a good advise.
Thanks in advance
Peter
LNC360 MKII (D-EPSO)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lancair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lancair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: