Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Seal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tshankland(at)sbcglobal.n

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Front Seal Reply with quote

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
larrycmcfarland(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Front Seal Reply with quote

HI Tim,
Early on, I had the same experience with the oil seal. I did the same fix as you and put enough gasket adhesive to amount to a fillet at the
edge. Never had another occasion for it to leak or let go. I’d suspect you’ve got it fixed.

Larry McFarland 601HD Stratus Subaru

From: owner-stratus-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-stratus-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:48 PM
To: stratus-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Front Seal

[quote]
---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Front Seal Reply with quote

Larry,
I was hoping that might be the case, as many Subaru's driving around for as many years the seal must usually work.
Tim
[quote] ---

d3dw(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Front Seal Reply with quote

Hmmm. Interesting. Just went through the same thing. A slight leak got my attention. Mine too had receded into the engine. Replacing it took a lot of tapping as I did not lubricate it as some suggest,but I did not use an adhesive. We'll see.
I also have a slight seeping from the rear (front) larger seal now,so that is next. Anyone replaced that one yet?

Tim <tshankland(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[quote](at)font-face { font-family: Calibri; } (at)font-face { font-family: Tahoma; } (at)font-face { font-family: Consolas; } (at)page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; FONT-SIZE: 12pt } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } A:visited { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } PRE { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New"; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-style-link: "HTML Preformatted Char" } P.MsoAcetate { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-style-link: "Balloon Text Char" } LI.MsoAcetate { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-style-link: "Balloon Text Char" } DIV.MsoAcetate { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-style-link: "Balloon Text Char" } SPAN.HTMLPreformattedChar { FONT-FAMILY: "Consolas","serif"; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-style-link: "HTML Preformatted"; mso-style-name: "HTML Preformatted Char" } SPAN.EmailStyle19 { FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; COLOR: #1f497d; mso-style-type: personal-reply } SPAN.BalloonTextChar { FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-style-link: "Balloon Text"; mso-style-name: "Balloon Text Char" } .MsoChpDefault { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-style-type: export-only } DIV.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1 }

Larry,

I was hoping that might be the case, as many Subaru's driving around for as many years the seal must usually work.

Tim

---

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Front Seal Reply with quote

Don,
I replaced the front seal a couple of years ago, the leak there was more of a nuisance that the smoke in the cockpit I got when the crankshaft seal let go. I found it easier to replace although I did have to make to tool to extract the old seal.
Tim
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: