Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to buy a Landoll Balancer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV4-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n223rv(at)wolflakeairport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Where to buy a Landoll Balancer? Reply with quote

Does anyone know0 where to buy a Landoll Balancer?

Does it work well on0 metal props, or only on wood ones?

I'd like to make my0 engine shake a bit less.....

Thanks
-Mike0 Kraus

- The Matronics RV4-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV4-List
esmith6(at)satx.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Where to buy a Landoll Balancer? Reply with quote

Mike...............I have a Landoll harmonic0 dampener, and flew it for about 200 hours, but have removed it, because I had a0 little too much weight forward...I have a Sensenich fixed pitch metal prop which0 weighs 42.5 pounds, and the harmonic dampener weighs 12 pounds with the0 aerobatic plate...I could never really tell if the dampener made any difference0 or not, and still had what I considered excessive vibration.

The best thing I ever did for smoothness was to0 have the prop balanced on the aircraft at cruise power (full throttle) by a Pro0 Prop Shop at my airport...The device is a strobe light set-up similar to0 the automobile ones...The weights are added to the rear of your spinner plate0 for the correct balance results.................The -4 flies like a totally0 different aircraft now.

Mark Landoll has an ad in the August EAA Sport0 Aviation magazine on page 148 of the classified0 section...405-392-3847..... landollskydoll2001(at)yahoo.com Good0 luck with your0 venture..............................CHEERS!!!!..............................Gene0 Smith.                                                                                                                                                                           0

[quote] ---

- The Matronics RV4-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV4-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV4-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: