Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stick position vs. Elevator position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hgmckay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Stick position vs. Elevator position Reply with quote

Gentlemen:
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
Gentlemen:
On page 180, section 44.9 of my Allegro 2000 Quick-Build Kit Assembly Instructions there is a description of how to set the elevator stop bolts located at the control stick. I have followed the instructions, which I quote as follows; “hold the elevator 3⅛” above the neutral position and set the front stop bolt. Hold the elevator 2 19/32” below the neutral position and set the back stop bolt”. I have set the elevator positions as explained. However, with the stops set as described, the front stop bolt allows the bottom of the hydraulic brake lever attachment on the stick to hit the fiberglass console before the limit on the stop bolt. This should not occur. With the stop bolts in these positions the stick can be moved forward until the lower portion of the hydraulic brake lever hits the console, and pulled back to a position slightly aft of vertical before hitting the rear stop. If the elevator dimensions called for are correct, something else needs adjusting.
Page 101 of the assembly manual shows a threaded fork at the end of the elevator push/pull rod at the point just to the rear of the lower aileron control lever and aileron stops. On my plane there is about ¼” of thread showing on this fork, with an adjustable metal band clamp on the end of the push/pull rod at this location. Can I loosen the metal band, and adjust this threaded fork to reposition the stick to clear the console and keep the dimension limits on the elevator? I am not sure what the adjustable metal clamp on the elevator push/pull rod is used for other than this?
Can anyone help me with this problem?
Almost, almost, almost through with my Allegro,
Hugh McKay

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: