Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TaxiCam On Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHNTMEY(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: TaxiCam On Board Reply with quote

Good Idea, the TAXICAM, (Vince Frazier gets credit on this one !)

Perhaps this is an entreprenurial opportunity for some noble, aviation-minded capitalist tekkie.

Good time to do it after the accident at OSH.

I don't think anyone has a package to sell. Units I know of are cobbled together, including my own.

Actual Users:

Motorhomes in backup mode (monitor)
Skateboarders   (record)
Skydivers   (record)
Nascar     (record and transmit)
Combat T-6s and T-34s (record)
Spies
Others ?

I would be interested in communicating with anyone who is setting up monitor (active LCD) or recording. I want 12Volt acceptance for all components and LCD harmonious with Sony Bullet cam.

I have some entertaining video which comes close to TAXICAM. I mounted my Sony BulletCam (unprotected) on a standoff using the bottom.wing-body fairing screws just inboard of the right flap. The BulletCam wire comes into fuselage inside the flap pushrod hole... for the video recording, I use a Sony GVD-1000 portable VCR recorder. Same hookup to an LCD screen would be good too. The belly-view is forward between the gear. My mount was temporary but it could be made more permanent.. not much drag there... dirty air anyway.

My stuff all came from Ebay, buy-it-now, new. Look for Hoyttech kits (car racing or video equip).

I like Vince Frazier's set-up in the inlet... very subtle. Vince.. record that view sometime.

If anyone wants to see how the SonyBulletCam can record, look at my movies on Vince's website. Also if you want to see the forward belly view, I'll send a 5 mg download... lemme know at johntmey(at)aol.com (johntmey(at)aol.com)

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Rocket-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Rocket-List
CNuffer(at)it21.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: TaxiCam On Board Reply with quote

Not sure whose rocket this was.......... but I shot this pic a couple years ago........ wheel pant mounted camera.

http://www.f1rocket.com/html/oshkosh_2005_94.htm

Regards,
Chuck Nuffer
S/N82 www.f1rocket.com

From: owner-rocket-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rocket-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of JOHNTMEY(at)aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:25 AM
To: rocket-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: TaxiCam On Board

Perhaps this is an entreprenurial opportunity for some noble, aviation-minded capitalist tekkie.

I don't think anyone has a package to sell. Units I know of are cobbled together, including my own.

Actual Users:

Skateboarders     (record)
Skydivers   (record)
Spies
Others ?

I would be interested in communicating with anyone who is setting up monitor (active LCD) or recording. I want 12Volt acceptance for all components and LCD harmonious with Sony Bullet cam.

I have some entertaining video which comes close to TAXICAM. I mounted my Sony BulletCam (unprotected) on a standoff using the bottom.wing-body fairing screws just inboard of the right flap. The BulletCam wire comes into fuselage inside the flap pushrod hole... for the video recording, I use a Sony GVD-1000 portable VCR recorder. Same hookup to an LCD screen would be good too. The belly-view is forward between the gear. My mount was temporary but it could be made more permanent... not much drag there... dirty air anyway.

My stuff all came from Ebay, buy-it-now, new. Look for Hoyttech kits (car racing or video equip).

I like Vince Frazier's set-up in the inlet... very subtle. Vince... record that view sometime.

If anyone wants to see how the SonyBulletCam can record, look at my movies on Vince's website. Also if you want to see the forward belly view, I'll send a 5 mg download... lemme know at johntmey(at)aol.com (johntmey(at)aol.com)

[quote]
[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

fairlea(at)amtelecom.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: TaxiCam On Board Reply with quote

John
I purchased the same sony bullet camera that Vince is using but it has a BNC connection that will not mate with most cam recorders. Does your recorder use that connection?

Tom Martin

From: owner-rocket-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rocket-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of JOHNTMEY(at)aol.com
Sent: August 29, 2006 8:25 AM
To: rocket-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: TaxiCam On Board

Actual Users:

Skateboarders     (record)

Skydivers      (record)

Spies

Others ?

I have some entertaining video which comes close to TAXICAM. I mounted my Sony BulletCam (unprotected) on a standoff using the bottom.wing-body fairing screws just inboard of the right flap. The BulletCam wire comes into fuselage inside the flap pushrod hole... for the video recording, I use a Sony GVD-1000 portable VCR recorder. Same hookup to an LCD screen would be good too. The belly-view is forward between the gear. My mount was temporary but it could be made more permanent... not much drag there... dirty air anyway.

I like Vince Frazier's set-up in the inlet... very subtle. Vince... record that view sometime.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: