Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oil filter for cj 285hp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelmonroe(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: oil filter for cj 285hp Reply with quote

I am changing engines and am thinking about installing an oil filter on the firewall.  What system of fittimgs, mount, filter and hoses should I be look for?  Thanks Kelley

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: oil filter for cj 285hp Reply with quote

Airwolf has an intire sytem.
Doc

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ggg6(at)att.net

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: oil filter for cj 285hp Reply with quote

Kelly, Bill Blackwell has a filter sys he installs on the extreme right side of the firewall, about even with the start air solenoid, or just slightly above that level.  I have had it on my CJ for about 350 hrs, and it works very well.. I do not remember the brand, but if you contacted Bill he could tell you who manfactures it, it is an industrial unit that has a screw on oil filter... if you need I could take a picture of the unit installed on my CJ and send it to you.. would be a few days befroe I could do that for you...  Gary Gabbard
Quote:
-------------- Original message from "Kelley Monroe" <kelmonroe(at)comcast.net>: --------------

I am changing engines and am thinking about installing an oil filter on the firewall.  What system of fittimgs, mount, filter and hoses should I be look for?  Thanks Kelley

wlannon(at)cablerocket.co

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: oil filter for cj 285hp Reply with quote

Kelley;

I would recommend either ADC or Airwolf. My personal preference is the ADC micro screen unit rather than the spin-on. ADC provides both types, Airwolf is spin-on only.

I would avoid cheap non STC'd systems which invariably utilize spin-on filters that are not capable of safely handling high scavange oil pressures.
Like most other things in aviation you get what you pay for.

Walt
[quote] ---

brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: oil filter for cj 285hp Reply with quote

Kelley Monroe wrote:
Quote:
I am changing engines and am thinking about installing an oil filter on
the firewall. What system of fittimgs, mount, filter and hoses should I
be look for? Thanks Kelley

Several others have pointed you to both Airwolf and ADC. Both seem to be
good systems.

There was an excellent article in Light Plane Maintenance sometime
within the last 5 years (no, I don't remember when) comparing various
oil filters including the ADC microscreen. The result of lab testing was
that the standard paper spin-on filter did the better job of removing
crud from the oil.

Still, they said that the ADC filter did a good job of removing
particles from the oil but not down to the same fineness as the paper
filter. They did like that the ADC microscreen could be washed and reused.

Craig Payne had a non-aviation filtration system he was touting that
seems to be better than either an Airwolf/Champion system or an ADC
system. You should ask Craig for the information. (He will probably post
after reading this.)

--
Brian Lloyd 2243 Cattle Dr.
brian-yak at lloyd dot com Folsom, CA 95630
+1.916.367.2131 (voice) +1.270.912.0788 (fax)

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . .
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . .
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
kelmonroe(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: oil filter for cj 285hp Reply with quote

Can anyone send photos of their ADC systems installation?  Thanks Kelley
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: