Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tailcone construction question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

I'm assembling the tailcone on my -10 and came to a question in the instructions.  On page 10-4 steps 3,4 the instructions say to assemble the frame halves with the left half in front of the right half.  Meanwhile, the picture shows it the opposite of that with the right half in front of the left half.  Anybody else stumbled upon this???

Bill Britton
RV-10 Tailcone

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
n8vim(at)arrl.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

I have that page of the plans dated 9/16/03. The plans are correct, as well as the picture. I can't see any issue there.
(Hint: the flanges point toward the front of the plane, so the left is indeed in front of the right in the aircraft)

Attached is the figure from my plans.

-Jim 40384
[img]cid:part1.07010208.05010907(at)arrl.net[/img]

Bill and Tami Britton wrote:
Quote:
I'm assembling the tailcone on my -10 and came to a question in the instructions.  On page 10-4 steps 3,4 the instructions say to assemble the frame halves with the left half in front of the right half.  Meanwhile, the picture shows it the opposite of that with the right half in front of the left half.  Anybody else stumbled upon this???

Bill Britton
RV-10 Tailcone

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

fig4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.88 KB
 Viewed:  698 Time(s)

fig4.jpg

jjessen(at)rcn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

It's okay in the plans.  Mine are dated 9/16/03.  It all depends on what the "front" is.  Look at the wire frame picture at the front of Section 10 and you'll see that the flanges are pointing towards the front of the plane, which is always the definition of front.  Took me awhile to figure that out, too.  

John Jessen

do not archive 

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill and Tami Britton
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 4:25 PM
To: RV10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Tailcone construction question

Bill Britton
RV-10 Tailcone

william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

Thanks John.  Next time I'll look at the plans better. 

Bill Britton
RV-10 Tailcone

BTW: The angle worked great.  Just what I needed.  If you ever need anything let me know.
[quote] ---

conceptmodels(at)mailbag.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

Trivia Question

I just opened my Emp. kit No.40541 last night.  In the manual.  they start with "Section 6".  What happened to 1 thru 5?  Am I missing something or are doing the George Lucas thing like episode 4 of Star Wars before 1, 2, and3?

Do not archive

bob.condrey(at)baesystems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

Sections 1-5 are 8.5” x 11” pages that contain general construction information.  You should have them someplace!

Bob #40105

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Roman Bukolt
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:47 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Tailcone construction question

Trivia Question

I just opened my Emp. kit No.40541 last night.  In the manual.  they start with "Section 6".  What happened to 1 thru 5?  Am I missing something or are doing the George Lucas thing like episode 4 of Star Wars before 1, 2, and3?

Do not archive

Deems Davis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

Sections 1-5 are the construction manual that also ships with the Emp kit.

Deems Davis # 406
Wings
http://deemsrv10.com/

Roman Bukolt wrote:

Quote:
Trivia Question

I just opened my Emp. kit No.40541 last night. In the manual. they
start with "Section 6". What happened to 1 thru 5? Am I missing
something or are doing the George Lucas thing like episode 4 of Star
Wars before 1, 2, and3?

Do not archive

Tim(at)MyRV10.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

It's the Van's general building info. Comes in a regular 8-1/2x11"
format and has tips on riveting, fasteners, torque, and many
other things. I think it's the front end to all the kits.
If you didn't get it, let me know and I can get you what I got.
Tim
Roman Bukolt wrote:
Quote:
Trivia Question

I just opened my Emp. kit No.40541 last night. In the manual. they
start with "Section 6". What happened to 1 thru 5? Am I missing
something or are doing the George Lucas thing like episode 4 of Star
Wars before 1, 2, and3?

Do not archive

LloydDR(at)wernerco.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

Section 1-5 come with the easy button from Staples, you mean you did not get this already? It is a must have to finish the plane, I got one for Christmas and you would be amazed at how quickly the build goes every time I push the button!

Actually sec 1-5 is the construction techniques, and is on 8.5 x 11 paper, and should have other papers with it, like an RMA form and such. I got a binder from Wally World to put papers in, and also ordered an 11x18 hard cover 3 ring binder, because the one Vans sends covers the inside of each page, and they are easier to see in the big binder, plus you can remove just the pages you are working on.

Dan
Wings
hopefully soon to be fuselage, this easy button works so well!
Do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Roman Bukolt
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:47 AM

Trivia Question

Do not archive

rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Tailcone construction question Reply with quote

To add to this, after working on the kit for a while I went to plain old three ring binders and folded each sheet in half.  Have 5 to 10 sections in each binder.  I leave the page I am working on folded out and since I work on more than one section at a time it works as a book mark.  I would recommend that you get a box of paper A** H**** (reinforcement rings), in more than occasion I have ripped pages out of the binders and for that matter the binder Vans provided.

Rene' Felker

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lloyd, Daniel R.
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:20 AM
Subject: RE: Tailcone construction question

Section 1-5 come with the easy button from Staples, you mean you did not get this already? It is a must have to finish the plane, I got one for Christmas and you would be amazed at how quickly the build goes every time I push the button!

Actually sec 1-5 is the construction techniques, and is on 8.5 x 11 paper, and should have other papers with it, like an RMA form and such. I got a binder from Wally World to put papers in, and also ordered an 11x18 hard cover 3 ring binder, because the one Vans sends covers the inside of each page, and they are easier to see in the big binder, plus you can remove just the pages you are working on.

Dan
Wings
hopefully soon to be fuselage, this easy button works so well!
Do not archive

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:47 AM
Trivia Question

Do not archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: