Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SunnFun News!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacloudchaser(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: SunnFun News! Reply with quote

Folks,

I just sent a letter off to an allie in the WB community who will send it up the flag pole asap at SunnFun to secure a permit for tent real estate on Lakeland, of course, you can imagine the request for support attempts to explain the bottom line advantages for SunnFun corporate to have RPA on field as opposed to off, and asks for them to consider this when determining such issues as permit cost to the RPA. 

Although this year it's Winterhaven or as best the planners can do, and their looking -   we are approaching this also as a long range multi-year plan in all regards, and we are searching for future block hotel deals with close in billeting locations with the assumption that on field (LAL) basing will work as long as RPA looks far enough 'downfield' to gain billets/transpo that reduces our aviator stress.  If you are going to SunnFun this year as part of the RPA group, you'll probably hear this a few times; this year is beta test, some logistical issues won't fly perfectly - the idea is it's worth it to try and we will, like we always do, improve over time... 

To give you an idea of what we are up against - Holiday Inn South, 10 minutes from Lakeland has a standing contract with FAA & EAA for all rooms from here to when the sun runs out of Hydrogen and explodes - at $140 a night (at) 5 day min stay!!   So getting in close to the "foward edge" will require some research - billets in the "30 minute out" range are certainly there for long term planning, and we have a new Holiday Inn opening in the next 60 days we are calling today for that potential.

We hope the efforts of Craig and others leads to a HQ house around SunnFun, perhaps one we can count on/reserve well in advance each year.&nb sp; Houses rented by other WB groups in Oshkosh last year based on a conversation I had yesterday were at $1800 for two weeks - if anyone knows of a typical house deal around LAL would love to here those numbers for treasury.  A house would really pull this whole thing together, a place for mission planning, get togethers, backyard BBQs and billets for those lucky to draw the long straws...

If you have feedback, tips, suggestions, a large meeting tent Wink or your uncle owns 30% of Holiday Inn Stock, the planning team to contact is Shane Golden, Jim G, Richard L, Craig P, and Wild Bill.   If you have an idea for multiyear strategy on dealing with SunnFun or Oshkosh (on any subject), please let me know off list.   

On Waycross: Shane and the town hosted another great event.  We resolved a major historical issue at Waycross I hope will positively impact those of you considering hosting a regional RPA event; Shane was the test bed for a new Visa debit card system linked to a seperate "events" account at treasury.  Each organizer is issued a RPA debit card with their name on it (we ask them to surrender their passport first Wink.  This account is funded by sponsorship dollars, principally by Cannon Aviation Insurance at this time.  Now event organizers can create, plan and host an event with no personal financial outlays, risk or issues of reimbursment from RPA - all done real time with the card.  Again, I hope this eventually results in more of our aviators coming together to host regional RPA events.

Thanks for listening, and please email me off list as I may miss your tips/suggestions.

Drew

Drew Blahnick

Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with [url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38087/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=calendar_splash.html&.dir=]Photo Calendars[/url]. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: