Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-List: Navworx ADS600b and SL70

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gyoung

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: RV-List: Navworx ADS600b and SL70 Reply with quote

I'm in the process of installing that config in my Navion. I'm tying into my SL-70, 430W and MX-20. I hope to pull the harness this weekend and complete the physical part of the installation. Then comes the panel diving to hook it up. I don't recall a reference to those modes but the SL-70 came in both panel mount and remote mount versions. I'll have to check the manual to see if that's what it means. I also plan to put the NavWorx in my RV which also has an SL-70 and 430w but I want to get it flying first. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and have decreed "no more changes".

Regards,
Greg Young

--

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: RV-List: Navworx ADS600b and SL70 Reply with quote

Cross-posted to make sure everyone can see responses.....

I was initially asking them about the differences between connecting pins 3 and 5 of the SL70 to pins 32 and 33 of the ADS600B for control versus connecting pins 3 and 5 of the SL70 to pins 6 and 7 of the ADS600B for altitude data.

Their initial response indicated that I only need 3 and 5 to 32 and 33 as that connection will pass control and data messages. They followed up with indicating extended mode or remote mode were also required - I haven't been able to get a direct response to that question. I sent them pdf's of the SL70 install and user guides - my Navworx manual is rev 33 (guessing from the part number) - it doesn't have any references to remote mode for the SL70...but it does reference a remote mode for the GNS480 and GTX330 units. There is a remote ident supress feature common to the ADS600B (pin 35) and the SL70 (pin 19), which NavWorx recommended to connect also.

Quote:
From reading everyone's manuals, my gut tells me that connecting pins 3, 5, and 19 of the SL70 to pins 32, 33, and 35 (respectively) of the ADS600B is all that is required....no 'programming' in the SL70 - but there are settings in the ADS600B.... This is how I'm planning my installation - unless I get additional/contrary guidance from NavWorx.

Ralph
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: RV-List: Navworx ADS600b and SL70 Reply with quote

Greg,

I have similar equipment (420W instead of 430W) in my 6A.

Quote:
From what I have read in everyone's manuals, the position out from the 400W/500W series does not carry the same formatting (message number) that the NavWorx box is expecting (even though it is a standard ARINC message) - so plan on the additional GPS antenna for the NavWorx box and don't waste your time trying to get position data out of the 400W/500W series units.

Since the MX20 will take in both traffic and weather data streams from the ADS600B and the 400W/500W series will only take traffic, I am seriously considering NOT burdening the 400W/500W box's processor with the data stream.

Ralph

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: