Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lithium Battery Follow-up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everettmcollier(at)yahoo.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Lithium Battery Follow-up Reply with quote

Thanks for all the ideas. I should have provided more info on the battery in my original post. I got it from aircraft spruce. It is a Model ETX18B. It has internal circuitry to monitor and balance the charging.

My initial troubleshooting plan is to put the old lead acid battery back in and see if everything is still normal. I think that will tell me if the regulator is fried.
Below is what is in the catalog about the battery technology:
[b]

Note: Not FAA Approved. Intended for use in experimental aircraft only. [/b]EarthX batteries are designed to be a replacement of a standard 12 volt lead-acid battery. The batteries will work with any vehicle charging system and “modern” lead-acid battery chargers, thanks to the built-in battery management system. And the batteries are an exceptional value given the fact they last years longer than a lead-acid battery. There is a lot of talk about lithium batteries these days, but not all lithium batteries are equal. There are dozens of different types of chemistry used in lithium batteries. EarthX batteries use cells made of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry that was developed in the U.S.A. This chemistry is the highest performance and safest on the market today. Lithium batteries are fundamentally different than lead-acid batteries. The lithium cells inside the 12V battery need electronics to monitor and balance the voltage/charge of the individual cells. Other companies sell a balancing charger, which you have to plugin periodically to “top off” and balance the cells. Inside every one of the EarthX batteries is a microprocessor Battery Management System (BMS) that monitors the charge level of each cell and balances the charge when needed, protecting the cells from overcharge or over-discharge. What this means for you is more
starting power, longer battery life, and the safest lithium motorsport battery on the market

Sent from my iPad
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: