Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulrod36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Decisions, decisions, decisions Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> To start with a philosophical note, I am beginning to agree that Father Time really can catch up with us, and, when he does, he runs right over our butts. Knees feeling like twice my age, and being not even half the athlete I thought I was, plus not being able to design an overhead crane that fits inside the canopy, climbing in through a side door seems more achievable than vaulting out of a reclining position, and actually clearing the side rails.

I am thus faced with options: 1: I can rely upon my wife to visit me daily, bringing food, or 2: Visitors to the airport can gawk at the dried-up bones of a mummified corpse in the left seat of a 601, clutching in his bony fist a snazzy control stick, (how's that for a visual?) or 3: I can find another airframe more suited to the geriatric set.

Option number 3 seems the most palatable. I am now considering doing away with the airframe of my unfinished 601XL, and seeing if there is anyone out there who may be looking to get out from under an unfinished 750 CruZer. My thought so far is to strip out the Corvair engine, the lights, radio, transponder, gauges, and all such, and either part it out, or purge all my demons with a hammer, hacksaw, and crowbar, and make Miller Lite cans out if it.

Sooooo, does anybody want some ugly, but serviceable airframe (taildragger), parts, and does anybody else want to get out from under an unfinished 750 Cruzer? Stop laughing!! Miracles do still happen, and even if they have stopped, the nice lady who lets me stay here says I can buy another kit if necessary.

Thoughts, anyone?
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
psm(at)att.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Decisions, decisions, decisions Reply with quote

I don't want your 601 project since I already have one flying very nicely.  However, I do have a partially complete Buttercup I don't want any more.  It is not a kit but a plans project.  Much of the metal work is done but there is still a wood wing to make and fabric skin to complete.  If you (or anyone else) wants it I would consider just about any price for the current project.  It has new Grove wheels and tires among other things.  This is not a nearly complete project but it is along to the point that most of the welding is done.  There is still some welding to do to finish the fuselage including seats, engine mount, and all of the tabs and other finishing parts.    It currently has some surface rust and cheap paint but these can be removed relatively easily.  This would be an interesting project for someone who lives close to Washington state who is willing to pick it up and take it away.  It does have doors designed for both sides but the doors have not yet been constructed.  When complete it qualifies as a Light Sport in case someone (like me) wants to fly without a medical cert.

Here is a picture:

[img]cid:part1.05060006.07010102(at)att.net[/img]

Paul
Camas, WA

On 6/29/2015 5:07 PM, paulrod36(at)msn.com (paulrod36(at)msn.com) wrote:

Quote:
<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> To start with a philosophical note, I am beginning to agree that Father Time really can catch up with us, and, when he does, he runs right over our butts.  Knees feeling like twice my age, and  being not  even half the athlete I thought I was, plus not being able to design an overhead crane that fits inside the canopy, climbing in through a side door seems more achievable than vaulting out of a reclining position, and actually clearing the side rails.

I am thus faced with options:  1: I can rely upon my wife to visit me daily, bringing food, or 2: Visitors to the airport can gawk at the dried-up bones of a mummified corpse in the left seat of a 601, clutching in his bony fist a snazzy control stick, (how's that for a visual?) or 3: I can find another airframe more suited to the geriatric set. 

Option number 3 seems the most palatable. I am now considering doing away with the airframe of my unfinished 601XL, and seeing if there is anyone out there who may be looking to get out from under an unfinished 750 CruZer. My thought so far is to strip out the Corvair engine, the lights, radio, transponder, gauges, and all such, and either part it out, or purge all my demons with a hammer, hacksaw, and crowbar, and make Miller Lite cans out if it. 

Sooooo, does anybody want some ugly, but serviceable airframe (taildragger),  parts, and does anybody else want to get out from under an unfinished 750 Cruzer?  Stop laughing!! Miracles do still happen, and even if they have stopped, the nice lady who lets me stay here says I can buy another kit if necessary.

Thoughts, anyone?
Quote:

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Buttercup_small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.31 KB
 Viewed:  3898 Time(s)

Buttercup_small.jpg

paulrod36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Decisions, decisions, decisions Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Thanks for the info, Paul, but I think I'll stay with all-metal, a la Zenith, so I won’t have to learn a lot of new ground. I figure that, with all the accessories, I can do a 750 airframe fairly quickly, and I've got all the tools and help necessary. With Oshkosh coming up, that'll give me an opportunity to look around, as well as spend some q-time staring at the 750

Regards, Paul R
[quote] ---

Buttercup_small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.31 KB
 Viewed:  3898 Time(s)

Buttercup_small.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: