Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back in the Air Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Buchanan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Thought everyone should know that after a frantic effort this Spring my
Kitfox flew yesterday (yes, with me in it) after a four year hiatus. The
new 912 ULS is working well, all systems are stable, (after frying a Key
West voltage regulator,) temps are good, and aesthetics are OK. The
frantic effort was to get flying in time to go to Oshkosh this Friday.
I'm going to try to get a bunch of hours on it this week and get through
at least a short test program before we leave. We'll be shipping a bunch
of camping gear tomorrow (very convenient) and will pack light for
travel. Please let me know if any other Fox folk are going so I can look
them up. The plan is to arrive Sunday and stay at Homebuilt Camping. I'm
also going to come back slow through the Denver area and am hoping to
look up Stan and James. Might even make some more stops on the way home-
haven't decided yet.

Yes, I'm quite happy right about now.

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
Kitfox IV-1200 / 912-S / Warp 3cs / 500 hrs. and NO LONGER grounded
A glider pilot, too.

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

Jim Shumaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Great to hear you are flying again.
Jim Shumaker
Salinas, CA
Citabria
/formerly Kitfox III 912 ul

On Monday, July 13, 2015 8:41 PM, Guy Buchanan <gebuchanan(at)cox.net> wrote:

Thought everyone should know that after a frantic effort this Spring my
Kitfox flew yesterday (yes, with me in it) after a four year hiatus. The
new 912 ULS is working well, all systems are stable, (after frying a Key
West voltage regulator,) temps are good, and aesthetics are OK. The
frantic effort was to get flying in time to go to Oshkosh this Friday.
I'm going to try to get a bunch of hours on it this week and get through
at least a short test program before we leave. We'll be shipping a bunch
of camping gear tomorrow (very convenient) and will pack light for
travel. Please let me know if any other Fox folk are going so I can look
them up. The plan is to arrive Sunday and stay at Homebuilt Camping. I'm
also going to come back slow through the Denver area and am hoping to
look up Stan and James. Might even make some more stops on the way home-
haven't decided yet.

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
A glider pilot, too.

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

temco(at)telusplanet.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Hello Guy

I’ll be going down and should arrive on Sunday afternoon. I’ll be visiting with Stan Specht in the home built area and would like to meet up with you during the week.

Ted Palamarek
Edmonton Alberta
KF IV/912
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2015, at 9:41 PM, Guy Buchanan <gebuchanan(at)cox.net> wrote:

Thought everyone should know that after a frantic effort this Spring my Kitfox flew yesterday (yes, with me in it) after a four year hiatus. The new 912 ULS is working well, all systems are stable, (after frying a Key West voltage regulator,) temps are good, and aesthetics are OK. The frantic effort was to get flying in time to go to Oshkosh this Friday. I'm going to try to get a bunch of hours on it this week and get through at least a short test program before we leave. We'll be shipping a bunch of camping gear tomorrow (very convenient) and will pack light for travel. Please let me know if any other Fox folk are going so I can look them up. The plan is to arrive Sunday and stay at Homebuilt Camping. I'm also going to come back slow through the Denver area and am hoping to look up Stan and James. Might even make some more stops on the way home- haven't decided yet.

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
A glider pilot, too.

mdkitfox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Guy,

I’ll be at Oshkosh on Saturday for the the whole week and would like to see you and the Kitfox. To refresh your memory, about 5 or 6 years ago while visiting my grandkids in San Diego we drove up to Ramona to see you and the Fox and the CA hangar. Quite the nice cave:-)

I’ll be everywhere on the grounds, but here’s my cell is 486-679-9817 and congrats on getting back in the air. If anyone else is headed to Oshkosh, please call and we’ll try to hook up.

Rick Weiss
Series V 912ULS

On Jul 13, 2015, at 11:41 PM, Guy Buchanan <gebuchanan(at)cox.net> wrote:

Quote:

Thought everyone should know that after a frantic effort this Spring my Kitfox flew yesterday (yes, with me in it) after a four year hiatus. The new 912 ULS is working well, all systems are stable, (after frying a Key West voltage regulator,) temps are good, and aesthetics are OK. The frantic effort was to get flying in time to go to Oshkosh this Friday. I'm going to try to get a bunch of hours on it this week and get through at least a short test program before we leave. We'll be shipping a bunch of camping gear tomorrow (very convenient) and will pack light for travel. Please let me know if any other Fox folk are going so I can look them up. The plan is to arrive Sunday and stay at Homebuilt Camping. I'm also going to come back slow through the Denver area and am hoping to look up Stan and James. Might even make some more stops on the way home- haven't decided yet.

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
A glider pilot, too.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Congratulations Guy!

My wife & I are driving to OSH from near Seattle, camping at Scholler. I'm hauling a light weight flat-bed trailer, hoping to return with amphib floats.  Anyone interested in a set of Full Lotus 1650 straight floats?

Joel Mapes Kitfox V 912 ULS Warp Drive

[quote][b]

jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Congrats Guy!!! Great to hear or back in the air!

See you at Osh.
Fly Safe !!
John McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com
"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

--

KeysFox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Guy,

Bob Jones here.

I'll be at OSH Monday thru Thursday.

If all goes as currently planned, I'll be out across from the RED Barn
with our plane, the enclosed trailer, and a Roadtrek motor home we having
been touring the US with every year for over a decade. I will also do a
forum Thursday on touring the US by Kitfox and motorhome in the tent if
front of the Red Barn.

[quote]
<jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraft.com>

Congrats Guy!!! Great to hear or back in the air!

See you at Osh.
Fly Safe !!
John McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com
"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

--

lcfitt3(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Back in the Air Again Reply with quote

Guy,
Great news.  Wish I was on the way there as well.  Family reunion interfering with timing.  Have a great flight.
Lowell On Jul 13, 2015 8:48 PM, "Guy Buchanan" <gebuchanan(at)cox.net (gebuchanan(at)cox.net)> wrote:[quote]--> Kitfox-List message posted by: Guy Buchanan <gebuchanan(at)cox.net (gebuchanan(at)cox.net)>

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
A glider pilot, too.

===========
ox-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: