Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glennh(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: New Purchase Reply with quote

Well, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm now the official owner of 680RR.  We completed the pre-buy over the weekend with Morris and my new mechanic in Athens TN and found a few problems that need to be addressed.  I was hoping to have it flying in time for the September Flyin but not sure I will.  The hydraulic system failed when landing in Oklahoma on Sunday and our ferry permit ended on Sunday so had to leave it there while we get another permit.

We found some extremely nice people that put it in their hanger and cooked us ribs and gave us beer for the night.  The problem was found in the left rear wing nacelle.  Morris found us the part and we should have it tomorrow.  Hoping to get it going this weekend.
Other issues we found are the props are not cycling very well at all and need to be rebuilt and the tops of the nacelles have a good number of patches on them and need to be torn off and redone.  Hoping we don't find more problems once we take it apart.
The left engine is leaking a ton of oil but it appears to mostly be coming from all the hoses.  Its also leaking fuel from both engines but appears to be coming from the intake manifold rubber connections.  
The right side of the fuel tanks are leaking and we're not really sure where it's coming from.

The skydrol lines are leaking a little in the connections but looks like we just need to replace the o-rings in the connection lines.  
The pressurization system is working but not very well and according to Morris is most likely the door and window seals having the wrong seals installed on them.
There is also burnt oil on the #3 cylinder that we've cleaned and going to keep an eye on so time will tell on that one.
I'm also going to have to replace the GPS and screen in the plane with something I can fly IFR with because it's all VFR only equipment and is really old.

I'm extremely excited about my life long dream airplane being this close to my home base, but at the moment it appears I'm 4 or 5 months out before I'll really have it.  If it was in annual I would go ahead and get signed off in it, but since we have to tear it down for that, it makes sense to try to do it all together.
--
--glenn hancock
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person.  They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
wingflyer1(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: New Purchase Reply with quote

Hi Glenn , I own a 680 commander and love it . I also want to tell you that the Commander group is a fine bunch  of people to be associated with . Morris has been a great resource for me , my go to guy ! I think you will find that all of the guys will rally around you and give you lots of support when needed. . I live in Brentwood , Tn . A suburb of Nashville. . If I can ever help in any way , just let me know . I am not that far away from Athens. .Good luck with your Commander . Gil Walker
615-310-5030 cell
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2015, at 6:51 PM, Glenn Hancock <glennh(at)GMAIL.COM (glennh(at)GMAIL.COM)> wrote:
[quote]Well, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm now the official owner of 680RR. We completed the pre-buy over the weekend with Morris and my new mechanic in Athens TN and found a few problems that need to be addressed. I was hoping to have it flying in time for the September Flyin but not sure I will. The hydraulic system failed when landing in Oklahoma on Sunday and our ferry permit ended on Sunday so had to leave it there while we get another permit.

We found some extremely nice people that put it in their hanger and cooked us ribs and gave us beer for the night. The problem was found in the left rear wing nacelle. Morris found us the part and we should have it tomorrow. Hoping to get it going this weekend.
Other issues we found are the props are not cycling very well at all and need to be rebuilt and the tops of the nacelles have a good number of patches on them and need to be torn off and redone. Hoping we don't find more problems once we take it apart.
The left engine is leaking a ton of oil but it appears to mostly be coming from all the hoses. Its also leaking fuel from both engines but appears to be coming from the intake manifold rubber connections.
The right side of the fuel tanks are leaking and we're not really sure where it's coming from.

The skydrol lines are leaking a little in the connections but looks like we just need to replace the o-rings in the connection lines.
The pressurization system is working but not very well and according to Morris is most likely the door and window seals having the wrong seals installed on them.
There is also burnt oil on the #3 cylinder that we've cleaned and going to keep an eye on so time will tell on that one.
I'm also going to have to replace the GPS and screen in the plane with something I can fly IFR with because it's all VFR only equipment and is really old.

I'm extremely excited about my life long dream airplane being this close to my home base, but at the moment it appears I'm 4 or 5 months out before I'll really have it. If it was in annual I would go ahead and get signed off in it, but since we have to tear it down for that, it makes sense to try to do it all together.
--
--glenn hancock
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:

D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
nder-List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
//forums.matronics.com
ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

aero560e(at)GMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: New Purchase Reply with quote

G'day Glenn,Welcome to Commanderland and congratulations on your purchase of 680RR - a lot of effort sustained to get it to the level of airworthiness that you have now - your work wilL make it even better...
Enjoy
Cheers
Russell
AC560E

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015, Glenn Hancock <glennh(at)gmail.com (glennh(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Well, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm now the official owner of 680RR.  We completed the pre-buy over the weekend with Morris and my new mechanic in Athens TN and found a few problems that need to be addressed.  I was hoping to have it flying in time for the September Flyin but not sure I will.  The hydraulic system failed when landing in Oklahoma on Sunday and our ferry permit ended on Sunday so had to leave it there while we get another permit.

We found some extremely nice people that put it in their hanger and cooked us ribs and gave us beer for the night.  The problem was found in the left rear wing nacelle.  Morris found us the part and we should have it tomorrow.  Hoping to get it going this weekend.
Other issues we found are the props are not cycling very well at all and need to be rebuilt and the tops of the nacelles have a good number of patches on them and need to be torn off and redone.  Hoping we don't find more problems once we take it apart.
The left engine is leaking a ton of oil but it appears to mostly be coming from all the hoses.  Its also leaking fuel from both engines but appears to be coming from the intake manifold rubber connections.  

I'm extremely excited about my life long dream airplane being this close to my home base, but at the moment it appears I'm 4 or 5 months out before I'll really have it.  If it was in annual I would go ahead and get signed off in it, but since we have to tear it down for that, it makes sense to try to do it all together.
--
--glenn hancock
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person.  They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:

" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Bob.Steele(at)kzf.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject: New Purchase Reply with quote

Glenn

Good to hear N680RR found a good owner who will take good care of her. Congratulations!

Bob Steele

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Glenn Hancock
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:52 PM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: New Purchase

Well, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm now the official owner of 680RR. We completed the pre-buy over the weekend with Morris and my new mechanic in Athens TN and found a few problems that need to be addressed. I was hoping to have it flying in time for the September Flyin but not sure I will. The hydraulic system failed when landing in Oklahoma on Sunday and our ferry permit ended on Sunday so had to leave it there while we get another permit.

We found some extremely nice people that put it in their hanger and cooked us ribs and gave us beer for the night. The problem was found in the left rear wing nacelle. Morris found us the part and we should have it tomorrow. Hoping to get it going this weekend.

Other issues we found are the props are not cycling very well at all and need to be rebuilt and the tops of the nacelles have a good number of patches on them and need to be torn off and redone. Hoping we don't find more problems once we take it apart.

The left engine is leaking a ton of oil but it appears to mostly be coming from all the hoses. Its also leaking fuel from both engines but appears to be coming from the intake manifold rubber connections.

I'm extremely excited about my life long dream airplane being this close to my home base, but at the moment it appears I'm 4 or 5 months out before I'll really have it. If it was in annual I would go ahead and get signed off in it, but since we have to tear it down for that, it makes sense to try to do it all together.

--
--glenn hancock

You can't win an argument with an ignorant person. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

john(at)carpenteravionics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: New Purchase Reply with quote

Congratulations on your new purchase!

Best Regards,
John DenDekker
www.carpenteravionics.com
800.300.0352 Toll Free
615.355.9970 office

Imagine the Possibilities!

NOTICE: This electronic transmission (including any referenced or attached materials) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, and is PRIVILEGED, WORK PRODUCT, PROPRIETARY and/or CONFIDENTIAL. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized person. If you have received this transmission in error you are PROHIBITED from disclosing, disseminating, reproducing, using or relying upon it. Please immediately delete it from your system without copying and notify the sender by return e-mail of the erroneous receipt. Thank you.

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Glenn Hancock
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:52 PM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Commander-List: New Purchase

Well, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm now the official owner of 680RR.  We completed the pre-buy over the weekend with Morris and my new mechanic in Athens TN and found a few problems that need to be addressed.  I was hoping to have it flying in time for the September Flyin but not sure I will.  The hydraulic system failed when landing in Oklahoma on Sunday and our ferry permit ended on Sunday so had to leave it there while we get another permit.

--
--glenn hancock

Quote:
  _-============================================================_-=          - The Commander-List Email Forum -_-= Use the Matronics List Features Navigator to browse_-= the many List utilities such as List Un/Subscription,_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,_-= Photoshare, and much much more:_-=_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List 
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
_-============================================================
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: