Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcdettmer(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

Hello Commander fans,
We are trying to locate some lower fuselage skin panels for my 680F. Anybody know of available parts or a salvage plane somewhere..?? Models 500A & B, 560, or 680F will work. Thanks much.

Randy Dettmer, AIA, NCARB

[img]cid:image001.gif(at)01D0C2DF.4899A9F0[/img]

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
805 541 4864 / fax 805 541 4865
www.dettmerarchitecture.com

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List

image001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.9 KB
 Viewed:  6714 Time(s)

image001.gif

lloydsss11(at)MSN.COM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Randy, be careful the rivet holes probably wont line up with yours.
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com (commander-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 2:29 PM
Subject: Commander Parts

Hello Commander fans,
We are trying to locate some lower fuselage skin panels for my 680F. Anybody know of available parts or a salvage plane somewhere..?? Models 500A & B, 560, or 680F will work. Thanks much.

[img]cid:001e01d0c366(at)ComputerUserPC[/img]

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

image001.gif
 Description:
 Viewed:  6709 Time(s)

image001.gif

Heron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

I'd have thought the best way to do it is get a sheetie and install new material. The cost is probably going to be close and the job better done
John Ives
AC 685
VH NJT

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Jul 2015, at 1:41 pm, lloyd silverman <lloydsss11(at)MSN.COM (lloydsss11(at)MSN.COM)> wrote:
[quote] v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } o\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } w\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } .shape { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } <?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Randy, be careful the rivet holes probably wont line up with yours.
Quote:

Hello Commander fans,

<image001.gif>

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street

[b]

John Vormbaum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

Ok that was funny, Lloyd. Thanks for the laugh!

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 20, 2015, at 8:43 PM, lloyd silverman <lloydsss11(at)msn.com (lloydsss11(at)msn.com)> wrote:
Quote:
v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } o\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } w\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } .shape { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } Randy, be careful the rivet holes probably wont line up with yours.
Quote:

Hello Commander fans,
We are trying to locate some lower fuselage skin panels for my 680F.  Anybody know of available parts or a salvage plane somewhere..??   Models 500A & B, 560, or 680F will work.  Thanks much.

<image001.gif>

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street
San Luis Obispo, CA  93405

image001.gif
 Description:

image001.gif

RPMCommander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

Randy, I have two donors, one flp and a 690 I also have a Sheetmetal guy that can make the skins and circumferrentials from the templates you remove from the smaller frames. I also have the z brackets and z couplings. I have a full set of ldg gear. Pressurized windshields and side windows. Let me know if you need anything. 954-547-3002 Paul Gendron
On Jul 20, 2015 2:32 PM, "Randy Dettmer, AIA" <rcdettmer(at)charter.net (rcdettmer(at)charter.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Hello Commander fans,
We are trying to locate some lower fuselage skin panels for my 680F.  Anybody know of available parts or a salvage plane somewhere..??   Models 500A & B, 560, or 680F will work.  Thanks much.

[img]cid:image001.gif(at)01D0C2DF.4899A9F0[/img]

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street
[url=tel:805%20541%204864]805 541 4864[/url] / fax [url=tel:805%20541%204865]805 541 4865[/url]

image001.gif
 Description:

image001.gif

wjrhamilton(at)optusnet.c

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

Randy,
The best (and probably the cheapest) answer is to make them.
Most of them are single curvature, only moderate radii.
Any competent aircraft sheet metal worker should be able to do this.
Donor airframe --- what condition is an equally old skin likely to be?
Cheers,
Bill Hamilton

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Randy Dettmer, AIA
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:29 AM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com

Hello Commander fans,

[img]cid:image001.gif(at)01D0C47B.BC174ED0[/img]

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street

image001.gif
 Description:
 Viewed:  6703 Time(s)

image001.gif

amg3636(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Commander Parts Reply with quote

You probably already know this, but there is a Commander parts company in Creedmore N.C. I think the name is Twin Commander LLC. Ask for Brian. They have the dies from the factory. New stuff is pretty pricy. Don't know about the used stuff.
Roland Gilliam.  AC 500 6291B

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 21, 2015, at 10:45 PM, William J Hamilton <wjrhamilton(at)optusnet.com.au (wjrhamilton(at)optusnet.com.au)> wrote:
Quote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Randy,
The best (and probably the cheapest) answer is to make them.
Most of them are single curvature, only moderate radii.
Any competent aircraft sheet metal worker should be able to do this.
Donor airframe --- what condition is an equally old skin likely to be?
Cheers,
Bill Hamilton

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Randy Dettmer, AIA
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:29 AM
Subject: Commander-List: Commander Parts

Hello Commander fans,

<image001.gif>

Dettmer Architecture
663 Hill Street

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: