Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: N28797

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> TeamGrumman-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrummanDude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Fwd: N28797 Reply with quote

How is this for bullshit?
I worked my ass of on this plane. The estimate did not include all of the parts I ended up buying in order to complete the installation of the EDM 900, which I sold to them at COST. I also sold them all new Lycoming cylinders ported and polished cylinders at COST. I also discounted them over $2000 off the final bill.

Gary
Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:
[quote]From: David Troup <david(at)troup.net (david(at)troup.net)>
Date: August 5, 2015 at 10:15:10 PM PDT
To: Gary L Vogt <teamgrumman(at)aol.com (teamgrumman(at)aol.com)>
Cc: Adam Eijdenberg <adam.eijdenberg(at)gmail.com (adam.eijdenberg(at)gmail.com)>, Stefano Menti <menti.stefano(at)gmail.com (menti.stefano(at)gmail.com)>
Subject: N28797
Dear Gary,
Thank you for completing our annual, top overhaul and installation of new engine analyzer.
As you know, the last written estimate that you provided us, titled “Estimate to complete” (emailed to me on June 24th) shows a total charge of $25,214.27.
As you also know, the final invoice (emailed to me on July 22nd) shows as total charge of $31,137.00.
The partners have met, and have agreed to the following in the spirit of moving forward and resolving this:
  1. AuCountry Aviation reissue the final invoice to match the amounts shown on the last received written estimate to show a total charge of $25,214.27, and amount outstanding of $8500.80 and send this via return email.
  1. Pacific Crest Ventures (our partnership) writes a check to AuCountry Aviation for $8500.80 and at a mutually agreeable time Stefano, Adam or I will come to Auburn to present the check and pick up the plane, its contents, its signed-off logbooks for the annual and all work done, and a box containing all replaced instruments and/or avionics including but not limited to the old HSI, the old engine analyzer, fuel totalizer, and all others.
We will then consider the matter entirely resolved. We realize this is less than you want for the effort you have put into this. The amount we are proposing is also far more than we were expecting to pay for the net result achieved. However, we are willing at this point to honor your “Estimate to complete” (which as you know was prepared last month after the earlier confusion) in the spirit of resolving this. As you know, no indication was given to us that additional work on top of this estimate was needed.
We have had a good business relationship over years - and truly hope we can each put this behind us so that we may continue to work together in the future.
We look forward to receiving your revised invoice so that we can move forward with payment and collecting our plane
Kind regards,
David
[b]

- The Matronics TeamGrumman-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?TeamGrumman-List

deej(at)deej.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Fwd: N28797 Reply with quote

Hi Gary,
Did you mean to send this to the entire mailing list?

Obviously there is a lot that is left out of context from this single
message, but I don't understand how the numbers 25,214.27, 8500.80, and
31,137.00 relate to one another. My guess is that they must have paid
part of the bill already, and the 8500.80 is the 25214.27 minus the
amount that they've already paid, leaving $5923 "unpaid" from your view.

As a side comment from a customer perspective, if a business gave me an
estimate of $25k for work, and then presented me with a $31k bill with
no indication of the difference in between those two events, I'd be
pretty upset. If the while doing the work, the cost looks like it will
exceed the original estimate, I would expect the business to call me and
let me know before proceeding further. I don't know if this helps, but
I am offering it for your consideration.

-Dj

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

teamgrumman(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Fwd: N28797 Reply with quote

No, I didn’t mean this to go to the entire list.

They have paid a portion. He wanted an estimate to complete and so I gave him an estimate off the top of my head. It didn’t include a lot of parts and repairing his intercom. My estimate was also low because I’d never installed an EDM 900 before and it took more time than I expected. I worked on this plane everyday for 6 weeks. Including Saturday’s and Sundays.

Sorry for the post.
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2015, at 7:29 AM, Dj Merrill <deej(at)deej.net> wrote:

Hi Gary,
Did you mean to send this to the entire mailing list?

Obviously there is a lot that is left out of context from this single
message, but I don't understand how the numbers 25,214.27, 8500.80, and
31,137.00 relate to one another. My guess is that they must have paid
part of the bill already, and the 8500.80 is the 25214.27 minus the
amount that they've already paid, leaving $5923 "unpaid" from your view.

As a side comment from a customer perspective, if a business gave me an
estimate of $25k for work, and then presented me with a $31k bill with
no indication of the difference in between those two events, I'd be
pretty upset. If the while doing the work, the cost looks like it will
exceed the original estimate, I would expect the business to call me and
let me know before proceeding further. I don't know if this helps, but
I am offering it for your consideration.

-Dj

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> TeamGrumman-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: