Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Letter JSL 014-2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Service Letter JSL 014-2 Reply with quote

List

Has anyone accomplished the Service letter JSL 014-2 dated 5 Aug 2015.

I would like to know what is being found and at how many hours.

Can we see some feed back here?

Bobby ( age 77 )
Zodiac 601 XL "B"
Jabiru 3300 S/N 1141
Sensenich 64" x 51" Prop
Bing Carb 260 Main & 290 Needle Jet
Status - Flying 245 hrs.
Do Not Archive

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
AirEupora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: JabiruEngine-List: Service Letter JSL 014-2 Reply with quote

I completed the inspection at 85 hours. I removed all the valves and measured the valve springs, I cleaned the heads and the pistons of the carbon build up. The valve were lapped and reinstalled. #5 head had a bad set of rocker arm bearings. These were replace with new. All the push rods were replaced with the 1mm shorter rods. Once all back together and flown for one flight to check things out. I did a compression check. #4 cylinder was low, but I had put a new set of rings on it about fifteen hours before and I believed that they were not set in let. I then flew to Copper State and back. About fifteen hours and check compression and check torque in the heads. Compression had come up on #4 and all were over 70/80. The re-torque of the heads found maybe three bolts loose. I changed the oil and filter and send off an oil sample to BlackStone. Which came back OK. I have one hundreds on the engine right now and completed an hundred inspection. It has taken me almost three years to get this engine tuned in. All my EGT are within 40 degrees during cruise flight. They go crazy on takeoff. CHT have been a major problem, but I now have very tight seals around the cylinders and the temp are within limits, but I'd like to see them lower. Cruise flight the hottest is about 150 to 160 C. I have to watch the CHT on climb, but none are going about 180 C.
Most of the time I do a step climb. When I took the Applicability Assessment, I score in Group 2, with a score of 10.

I have reset my blade pitch and will start flying again when the WX warms up and I can finish painting my plane.

Rick Stockton
N120EJ Europa XS,
Jabiru3300L, Whirl Wing Gnd Adjustable

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: