Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allegro Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Allegro Questions Reply with quote

Greetings,
I am new to the Allegro aircraft and have an Allegro 2007. I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with given your experience.

1) I am amazed at the flimsy little hook under the wing apparently to be use for a tiedown?? It is held onto the bottom of the wing by two small rivets. I am thinking that this is possibly not intended for the tiedown. About 8 to 10 inches outboard of this fixture is a threaded hole which is roughly 3/16" ID. I wonder if this threaded hole is intended to accept an eye bolt to be used for a tiedown. Please let me know if you have any experience with this issue.

2) My second question is related to the air speed pitot tube. My pitot tube Is located on the top of the vertical stabilizer. This location experiences wild gyrations in airspeed on final approach. I noticed in the 2007 Allegro literature that their airspeed pitot is located beneath the outboard right wing. I wonder if this change in pitot location from the tail to the right-wing was necessitated due to these gyrations in airspeed indications. Please let me know if you have any experience with this issue.

Thanks for all your help, Dee LeBlanc
leblancds(at)cox.net (leblancds(at)cox.net)
cell 225-802-1038
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Past is History
The Future is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That’s Why They Call it the Present

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

That’s Why They Call it the Present
N456TS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegro Questions Reply with quote

Hello.
Mine is a little different then your Allegro, so this might not directly apply. The tie down hooks on mine were tested earlier this week. It held the aircraft in a storm which continued on to make a tornado and damage homes. My Allegro is in an open t-hangar with partial protection from the wind. IIRC, the weather station reported 40 mph winds before it was knocked offline. The wind was strong enough to rip both gust-lock pucks off the wings....I didn't think that was possible. The tie down hooks did just fine. My first impression of them was similar to yours, however, I believe it's an unfounded concern.

My pitot tube isn't located in the same spot, so I can't help you there. I've seen them in a couple different spots. It seems the Allegro fleet varies. Mine is #2 built in the US by LSA America and I know its pitot tube is different then some of the ones built afterwards. Perhaps Doug can help you with that on Monday.

Bradley Pearce

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: