Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

582 Rectifier -regulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitfox555(at)sbcglobal.ne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: 582 Rectifier -regulator Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with my 582 gray head model 90, at low speed 14.25volts at high speed it reads 15.50 volts on volt meter I changed the rectifier and the new reads the same thing I changed it 2 years ago it fix the problem can anyone tell me what else to look for to bring the volts back to the 13.5 it used to read I'm using Cps part # 866-080 tympanium rectifier-regulator thanks Jerry

Jerry Evans
KitfoxII
Magalia Calif.
N582'er'
kitfox 555

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
mikeperkins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 582 Rectifier -regulator Reply with quote

I had problems with the 866-080 regulator shortly after I got my aircraft flying. I changed to the 264-870 regulator (the one with fins on it). It regulates very close to 14 volts at full-throttle, with or without a load on it. It's worked well for about 20 years now.

The literature mentions the 866-080 regulator needs at least a 1A load on it to regulate properly. I found that to be true. So when the battery is fully-charged and not putting a load on the regulator's output, the voltage increases. Putting a load on it drops the voltage somewhat, but it's rather imprecise. However, the 264-870 regulator doesn't have that problem. It regulates properly with no load on it.

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: