Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX-20 interfacing GNC420W (400W/500W)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: MX-20 interfacing GNC420W (400W/500W) Reply with quote

My MX20 running 5.6 software is connected to an SL30 and a GNC420W. I have a set of 5.7 software coming on loan.

The 420W recently received a software upgrade (to 5.3 / 5.0) in preparation for adding an ADS600B to my RV6A.
Before the 420W upgrade, my MX20 would display my current position while flying. Now, I only get that information if a flight plan is active. I also previously saw my SL30 VOR radial tracked when it was dialed in and active - I don't get that anymore - unless I happen to have an active flight plan leg running in the 430W.

Black screen with my plane and a red X in the middle of the screen until I hit Direct to....

Anyone else out there with this combo experiencing the same issues?
More importantly, anyone out there with this same combo where you see your position without an active leg?

I don't recall changing any settings - it worked before and it only works now after I activate a leg in the 420W.

I contacted Garmin - they said to contact the dealer that installed it to verify the installation? Since I installed it, I have already rung out the wiring and only want to verify settings. They were kinda useless in that they didn't make an effort to understand the installation at all - but then they do have a monopoly on the market.

I wrote down all of the info from the MX-20 screens so I have it for reference. I may need to do the same for the 420W for comparison.

Any assistance in config settings on a working system would be greatly appreciate...even from 430W and 500W series users.

Thanks,
Ralph Capen

- The Matronics Avionics-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Avionics-List
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: MX-20 interfacing GNC420W (400W/500W) Reply with quote

The 5.7 software didn't fix it - anyone have a set of 5.8 software that I can borrow to test - before I rip Garmin via the FSDO!?

--

- The Matronics Avionics-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Avionics-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: