Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strobe bulb, max rpm, cig lighter switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Strobe bulb, max rpm, cig lighter switch Reply with quote

Greetings,

I have a few questions about my Allegro 2007 that I hope you can help me with.

First, I'm looking for strobe light bulbs for the strobe system that came with the plane. Let me know where I can get them. One was replaced prior to me purchasing plane, and the replacement burnt a hole through the len.

I am attempting to use the cigarette lighter receptacle for a USB charger for my iPad; however I am getting no power. Can you tell me if there is a switch to turn this on other than the ship’s master switch?

With the prop pitch setting as it is, max RPM that I get at 3000 feet is only 5000 RPM. The POH references full power at 5800 RPM. Should the prop be re-pitched in order to not overstress the engine or is 5000 RPM max acceptable?

Thanks for your response,

Dee One
leblancds(at)cox.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Past is History
The Future is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That’s Why They Call it the Present

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

hgmckay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Strobe bulb, max rpm, cig lighter switch Reply with quote

I can't comment on the cigarette lighted receptacle issue or the prop pitch
setting, but I can give you information on replacing the strobe lights.

I have an Allegro 2000 rather than a 2007 so I don't know if the wing tips
on a 2007 model that house the landing light, strobe, and the nav light are
the same as the Allegro 2000. If they are the same Go to
www.hyper-lights.com and look for the Strobe Tube Pop In (clear) Model
EZHIDEC, and the Strobe Power Supply (1 Head 12 Watt) Model QUICKSTROBE.

Make sure you order the Pop in one (clear) model EZHIDEC. It requires a 1"
diameter hole. Carefully cut out the old bulb leaving exactly a 1" diameter
hole in the fiberglass mounting. The new strobe bulb will pop in the 1"
diameter hole. Seal around the back side of the hole with some RTV. Now
replace the old round "hockey puck" power supply that is mounted inside the
wing tip with the QUICKSTROBE power supply. Use the existing hole in the
bottom of the wing tip to attach one end of the QUICKSTROBE power supply and
some RTV to hold the other end in place. Attach the to the strobe bulb using
the connectors provide. Read the installation sheet that comes with the
QUICKSTROBE power supply.

Hugh G. McKay III, P.E. Fellow, L.M. ASCE
Senior Consultant
Worldwide Engineering Inc.
4090 North NC Hwy. 16
Denver, NC 28037

Ph. 704-661-8271
Fax 704-483-5466
email hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net
http://www.wwegeo.com
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ledson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Strobe bulb, max rpm, cig lighter switch Reply with quote

Dee,
I fly an Allegro 2000 but I would assume that power receptacles are the same. The power receptacle is protected by a fuse that is located on the panel near the receptacle. Check the fuse and I'm sure you will find it blown. I had to go to an electronics store to find a replacement fuse. BTW, the receptacle is hot all the time, so remember to remove the load from the receptacle when not in use.

At WOT in level flight, my allegro develops 5600 RPM. This is also about 5100 RPM static.

I hope this is helpful.

Safe flying!

Larry Edson
Allegro 2000
N4362C

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Aug 30, 2016, at 5:29 PM, Dee One <leblancds(at)cox.net> wrote:

Greetings,

I have a few questions about my Allegro 2007 that I hope you can help me with.

First, I'm looking for strobe light bulbs for the strobe system that came with the plane. Let me know where I can get them. One was replaced prior to me purchasing plane, and the replacement burnt a hole through the len.

I am attempting to use the cigarette lighter receptacle for a USB charger for my iPad; however I am getting no power. Can you tell me if there is a switch to turn this on other than the ship’s master switch?

With the prop pitch setting as it is, max RPM that I get at 3000 feet is only 5000 RPM. The POH references full power at 5800 RPM. Should the prop be re-pitched in order to not overstress the engine or is 5000 RPM max acceptable?

Thanks for your response,

Dee One
leblancds(at)cox.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Past is History
The Future is a Mystery
Today is a Gift

--------
The Past is History
The Future is a Mystery
Today is a Gift

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=460053#460053

N456TS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Strobe bulb, max rpm, cig lighter switch Reply with quote

WOT at 5k is too low. It could be over pitched or the engine is producing low power. You posted before about your engine running rough. Did you solve that (and what was the issue)? What CHT and EGT temps are you getting under this condition?

N456TS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Strobe bulb, max rpm, cig lighter switch Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding the rough running engine, I have still not solved that issue. It seems to have smoothed out marginally with additional running hours. The plane sat unused for one and a half years before I purchased it, Tuned the engine, including a carb balance, and started running it again. The previous owner said that this 912 80 HP engine should run smooth at any RPM. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would solve your engine issues before adjusting the prop. If you adjust the prop, it will only be masking the real problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: