Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wheel bearing part number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N345JS(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

I want to replace the tapered wheel bearings on my Pulsar XP.   The main landing gear uses 5.00-5 tires on Azusa wheels.  The axle is about ¾ inch O.D.  Probably Timken bearings; I need the part number like LM12345.   Nose wheel uses 4 inch Shin Zeng tire.  Also need that  tapered wheel bearing part number.    Thank You. 

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
psj185(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

My XP used standard inexpensive ball bearings in those wheels. Don't have the bearing #s with me.
Jeff Sell
Pulsar lll
N98PX
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 19, 2016, at 2:35 PM, John Schussler Pulsar XP N345JS <N345JS(at)verizon.net (N345JS(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
I want to replace the tapered wheel bearings on my Pulsar XP. The main landing gear uses 5.00-5 tires on Azusa wheels. The axle is about ¾ inch O.D. Probably Timken bearings; I need the part number like LM12345. Nose wheel uses 4 inch Shin Zeng tire. Also need that tapered wheel bearing part number. Thank You.

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

gregsmi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Good morning John. I have those bearings in the hanger. I will pick them up after church today and get them in the mail to you.

Greg

In a message dated 11/19/2016 2:37:32 P.M. Central Standard Time, N345JS(at)verizon.net writes:
Quote:

I want to replace the tapered wheel bearings on my Pulsar XP. The main landing gear uses 5.00-5 tires on Azusa wheels. The axle is about ¾ inch O.D. Probably Timken bearings; I need the part number like LM12345. Nose wheel uses 4 inch Shin Zeng tire. Also need that tapered wheel bearing part number. Thank You.

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

gregsmi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

The bearing part number for the Azusa band brake wheel is LM11949.

This may be a good time to let everyone know I have a substantial inventory of hardware for the Pulsar. Things such as wheels, band brakes, many of the metal parts. Most of this is non used inventory. It is there to support our group so if you have a need to replace a part, I may have it. If it is the last one I will have a machine shop use it to make copies to assure we always have good parts to keep em flying.

Greg

In a message dated 11/19/2016 2:37:32 P.M. Central Standard Time, N345JS(at)verizon.net writes:
Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

papa11(at)centurylink.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

On 11/20/2016 6:53 PM, GREGSMI(at)aol.com (GREGSMI(at)aol.com) wrote:

Quote:

This may be a good time to let everyone know I have a substantial inventory of hardware for the Pulsar. Things such as wheels, band brakes, many of the metal parts. Most of this is non used inventory. It is there to support our group so if you have a need to replace a part, I may have it. If it is the last one I will have a machine shop use it to make copies to assure we always have good parts to keep em flying.

Greg 

In a message dated 11/19/2016 2:37:32 P.M. Central Standard Time, N345JS(at)verizon.net (N345JS(at)verizon.net) writes:
Quote:

I want to replace the tapered wheel bearings on my Pulsar XP.   The main landing gear uses 5.00-5 tires on Azusa wheels.  The axle is about ¾ inch O.D.  Probably Timken bearings; I need the part number like LM12345.   Nose wheel uses 4 inch Shin Zeng tire.  Also need that  tapered wheel bearing part number.    Thank You. 

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

any time in July is O.K. with me will enjoy seeing old friends  will be a sight for sore eyes   Emil Radtke N143NB

Eclat2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

gregsmi wrote:

LM11949 ? Bingo !!

It's been bugging me, but I finally remembered why that number sounded familiar. In my other money-pit hobby, it's part of a pair of parts...

Timken LM11949 ... Cone (inner race & tapered roller assembly)
Timken LM11910 ... Cup (outer race)

Together, they're the front, outer wheel bearing for a few Britcars:
Lotus Elan roadster & coupe' with knock-off wheels
Lotus Elan +2 with knock-off wheels
Lotus Elite & Eclat (not Sprint)
Lotus Esprit Turbo, 1980-1985
Triumph GT6

Any bearing supply should be able to provide them to you. Or your local auto parts store. If you ask for Lotus wheel bearings, the guy at the counter will just look puzzled and scratch his head ("Uhhh... who makes Lotus??"). You will get further bay asking for the front-outer wheel bearing for a Triumph GT6. They may not stock it, but they can order it. Call ahead.

Or get 'em from Greg.

Regards,
Tim Engel

freedom4life(at)xtra.co.n

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Greg

You mentioned that you have a number of Pulsar parts in stock.  I have had my brake bands relined several times but have not yet found a material that was as good as the original lining.  What price would you want for a pair of brake bands?  If you have the brake drums I would also be interested in the price for a pair too. Mine now need resurfacing as they have gained a few ridges in the 2,300 hours that that they have been on the plane.
I am in New Zealand so if you have some idea of shipping costs that would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

On 22/11/2016 7:56 a.m., Emil Sr wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

This may be a good time to let everyone know I have a substantial inventory of hardware for the Pulsar. Things such as wheels, band brakes, many of the metal parts. Most of this is non used inventory. It is there to support our group so if you have a need to replace a part, I may have it. If it is the last one I will have a machine shop use it to make copies to assure we always have good parts to keep em flying.

Greg 

In a message dated 11/19/2016 2:37:32 P.M. Central Standard Time, N345JS(at)verizon.net (N345JS(at)verizon.net) writes:
Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

any time in July is O.K. with me will enjoy seeing old friends  will be a sight for sore eyes   Emil Radtke N143NB

kdpalmer(at)mweb.co.za

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Hi Cliff, I was in the braking game, You get different grades of friction levels from low to high depending on the application a band would be considered as an industrial application. What happens with ridges it increases the braking surface area which then requires more pressure to be effective.
Pennies worth
K’d

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Cliff
Sent: 05 December 2016 04:30 AM
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: wheel bearing part number

Greg

You mentioned that you have a number of Pulsar parts in stock. I have had my brake bands relined several times but have not yet found a material that was as good as the original lining. What price would you want for a pair of brake bands? If you have the brake drums I would also be interested in the price for a pair too. Mine now need resurfacing as they have gained a few ridges in the 2,300 hours that that they have been on the plane.
I am in New Zealand so if you have some idea of shipping costs that would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

This may be a good time to let everyone know I have a substantial inventory of hardware for the Pulsar. Things such as wheels, band brakes, many of the metal parts. Most of this is non used inventory. It is there to support our group so if you have a need to replace a part, I may have it. If it is the last one I will have a machine shop use it to make copies to assure we always have good parts to keep em flying.

Greg

Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

any time in July is O.K. with me will enjoy seeing old friends will be a sight for sore eyes Emil Radtke N143NB

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
12/04/16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Hi Keith

The first two times I had the bands re-lined they worked pretty well.  The guy had some left over lining material that had asbestos in it.  The guy that did them is no longer in business and the next place I went to suggested a harder lining. While it wore well it was only effective for the first 100 meters of braking and would then fade to next to nothing.  Fortunately I moved to a different airfield that had longer runways and the need for brakes was not so necessary.  But the Pulsar is very hard to taxi at slow speeds without sufficient braking to make it turn.  So if I can find what the original lining was or better still get a second set then I can always have a set to swap when the time is due.

Cliff
Quote:
Hi Cliff, I was in the braking game, You get different grades of friction levels from low to high depending on the application a band would be considered as an industrial application. What happens with ridges it increases the braking surface area which then requires more pressure to be effective.
Pennies worth
K’d

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Cliff
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)

Greg

You mentioned that you have a number of Pulsar parts in stock.  I have had my brake bands relined several times but have not yet found a material that was as good as the original lining.  What price would you want for a pair of brake bands?  If you have the brake drums I would also be interested in the price for a pair too. Mine now need resurfacing as they have gained a few ridges in the 2,300 hours that that they have been on the plane.

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

Greg 

Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

12/04/16

alan99gill(at)yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Hi Cliff
If Greg unable to provide, then look at Azusa External Band Brake Assembly Kit They may have what you require.
Regards
Alan Gill
UK Pulsar Squadron Support
Azusa External Band Brake Assembly Kit Azusa External Band Brake Assembly Kit

To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Monday, 5 December 2016, 6:51

Hi Keith The first two times I had the bands re-lined they worked pretty well. The guy had some left over lining material that had asbestos in it. The guy that did them is no longer in business and the next place I went to suggested a harder lining. While it wore well it was only effective for the first 100 meters of braking and would then fade to next to nothing. Fortunately I moved to a different airfield that had longer runways and the need for brakes was not so necessary. But the Pulsar is very hard to taxi at slow speeds without sufficient braking to make it turn. So if I can find what the original lining was or better still get a second set then I can always have a set to swap when the time is due. Cliff
Quote:

#yiv2160943824 #yiv2160943824 -- _filtered #yiv2160943824 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv2160943824 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv2160943824 {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} #yiv2160943824 #yiv2160943824 p.yiv2160943824MsoNormal, #yiv2160943824 li.yiv2160943824MsoNormal, #yiv2160943824 div.yiv2160943824MsoNormal {margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;color:black;} #yiv2160943824 a:link, #yiv2160943824 span.yiv2160943824MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv2160943824 a:visited, #yiv2160943824 span.yiv2160943824MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv2160943824 p {margin-right:0cm;margin-left:0cm;font-size:12.0pt;color:black;} #yiv2160943824 span.yiv2160943824EmailStyle18 {color:#1F497D;} #yiv2160943824 .yiv2160943824MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv2160943824 {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} #yiv2160943824 div.yiv2160943824Section1 {} #yiv2160943824 Hi Cliff, I was in the braking game, You get different grades of friction levels from low to high depending on the application a band would be considered as an industrial application. What happens with ridges it increases the braking surface area which then requires more pressure to be effective.
Pennies worth
K’d

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Cliff Sent: 05 December 2016 04:30 AM To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com) Subject: Re: wheel bearing part number

Greg You mentioned that you have a number of Pulsar parts in stock. I have had my brake bands relined several times but have not yet found a material that was as good as the original lining. What price would you want for a pair of brake bands? If you have the brake drums I would also be interested in the price for a pair too. Mine now need resurfacing as they have gained a few ridges in the 2,300 hours that that they have been on the plane. I am in New Zealand so if you have some idea of shipping costs that would be helpful too. Thanks in advance Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

This may be a good time to let everyone know I have a substantial inventory of hardware for the Pulsar. Things such as wheels, band brakes, many of the metal parts. Most of this is non used inventory. It is there to support our group so if you have a need to replace a part, I may have it. If it is the last one I will have a machine shop use it to make copies to assure we always have good parts to keep em flying.

Greg

Quote:
I want to replace the tapered wheel bearings on my Pulsar XP. The main landing gear uses 5.00-5 tires on Azusa wheels. The axle is about ¾ inch O.D. Probably Timken bearings; I need the part number like LM12345. Nose wheel uses 4 inch Shin Zeng tire. Also need that tapered wheel bearing part number.   Thank You.

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

any time in July is O.K. with me will enjoy seeing old friends will be a sight for sore eyes Emil Radtke N143NB

No virus found in this message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 12/04/16

gregsmi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Cliff, got the bands and the drums. I will check the condition as they have been stored in hangers for 20 years. Also have Matco wheels, disk and cylinders if you are interested in changing over. I did, many years ago and do not regret it.

Greg

In a message dated 12/5/2016 12:51:47 A.M. Central Standard Time, freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz writes:
Quote:

Hi Keith

The first two times I had the bands re-lined they worked pretty well. The guy had some left over lining material that had asbestos in it. The guy that did them is no longer in business and the next place I went to suggested a harder lining. While it wore well it was only effective for the first 100 meters of braking and would then fade to next to nothing. Fortunately I moved to a different airfield that had longer runways and the need for brakes was not so necessary. But the Pulsar is very hard to taxi at slow speeds without sufficient braking to make it turn. So if I can find what the original lining was or better still get a second set then I can always have a set to swap when the time is due.

Cliff
Quote:

Pennies worth
K’d

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Cliff

Greg

You mentioned that you have a number of Pulsar parts in stock. I have had my brake bands relined several times but have not yet found a material that was as good as the original lining. What price would you want for a pair of brake bands? If you have the brake drums I would also be interested in the price for a pair too. Mine now need resurfacing as they have gained a few ridges in the 2,300 hours that that they have been on the plane.

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

This may be a good time to let everyone know I have a substantial inventory of hardware for the Pulsar. Things such as wheels, band brakes, many of the metal parts. Most of this is non used inventory. It is there to support our group so if you have a need to replace a part, I may have it. If it is the last one I will have a machine shop use it to make copies to assure we always have good parts to keep em flying.

Greg 

Quote:

I want to replace the tapered wheel bearings on my Pulsar XP.   The main landing gear uses 5.00-5 tires on Azusa wheels. The axle is about ¾ inch O.D. Probably Timken bearings; I need the part number like LM12345. Nose wheel uses 4 inch Shin Zeng tire. Also need that tapered wheel bearing part number. Thank You.

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

12/04/16

bartrond(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Guys,

I had the original band brakes on my Pulsar 1. Since I did not trust them I replaced them with disc brakes from scooters. There is no hydraulics on my Pulsar, but cables, so That's what I was looking for. A fellow builder with an advanced metal workshop made the fitting to the wheels of my main gear. 
The new brakes are really effective and easy to dose.

Regards, Bart Rond, Netherlands

By the way, if anybody is interested, I still have a set of brake drums for Pulsar...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 5 dec. 2016 om 07:51 heeft Cliff <freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz (freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz)> het volgende geschreven:

Quote:

Hi Keith

The first two times I had the bands re-lined they worked pretty well.  The guy had some left over lining material that had asbestos in it.  The guy that did them is no longer in business and the next place I went to suggested a harder lining. While it wore well it was only effective for the first 100 meters of braking and would then fade to next to nothing.  Fortunately I moved to a different airfield that had longer runways and the need for brakes was not so necessary.  But the Pulsar is very hard to taxi at slow speeds without sufficient braking to make it turn.  So if I can find what the original lining was or better still get a second set then I can always have a set to swap when the time is due.

Cliff
Quote:
Pennies worth
K’d

Subject: Re: Pulsar-List: wheel bearing part number

Greg

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

Greg 

Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

12/04/16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Hi Bart

I would be interested in your brake drums and brake bands if you still have them.  How much would you want for them?

Regards

Cliff
Quote:
Guys,

I had the original band brakes on my Pulsar 1. Since I did not trust them I replaced them with disc brakes from scooters. There is no hydraulics on my Pulsar, but cables, so That's what I was looking for. A fellow builder with an advanced metal workshop made the fitting to the wheels of my main gear. 

By the way, if anybody is interested, I still have a set of brake drums for Pulsar...

Op 5 dec. 2016 om 07:51 heeft Cliff <freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz (freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz)> het volgende geschreven:

Quote:

Hi Keith

Cliff
Quote:
Pennies worth
K’d

Greg

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

Greg 

Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

12/04/16

bartrond(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: wheel bearing part number Reply with quote

Hi Cliff,

I will look them up this weekend and send you some pics.
If they appeal to you, I'd be happy with €100 plus shipping from the Netherlands to ...

Cheers, Bart

Op 5 dec. 2016 om 23:49 heeft Cliff <freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz (freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz)> het volgende geschreven:

Quote:
Hi Bart

I would be interested in your brake drums and brake bands if you still have them.  How much would you want for them?

Regards

Cliff
Quote:
Guys,

Quote:

Hi Keith

Cliff
Quote:
Pennies worth
K’d

Subject: Re: Pulsar-List: wheel bearing part number

Greg

Thanks in advance

Cliff McChesney
Pulsar XP Serial No 403

Quote:

Quote:

Greg 

Quote:

John Schussler
Pulsar XP N345JS

12/04/16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: