Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Made Headset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galinhdz(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Home Made Headset Reply with quote

Although we have very nice Lightspeed ZULU headsets, Millie doesn’t like that they clamp her head, mess up her hair and she can’t wear ear rings with them. So I decided to make a set that mimic expensive in the ear ones. Using parts I already had and some inexpensive parts from Radio Shack, I put together the 1st prototype for less than $10 dollars.
Microphone & boom from an old broken headset I had.
About 3ft of #12 AWG copper wire taken from some UF cable I had.
The microphone & headset plugs from the old broken headset I had.
An set of cheap "in the ear" headphones I had in a box.
A headset volume control I bought from Radio Shack for $9.99.
The hardest part was bending the copper wire so it would fit around my head and ears while providing a place to attach the microphone boom. The rest was doing some minor electronic soldering and covering the loose wires with electrician tape.

The first test flight with the headset went extremely well. I asked St. Augustine tower for a radio check and they said the audio quality was excellent. Next is to make one up that look nice.
You can see pictures on our webpage: http://www.puertoricoflyer.com/home_made_headset.html

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: