Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleveland Brake parts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly McMullen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Cleveland Brake parts. Reply with quote

Just revising the subject line to give a break to anyone searching the
archives for Cleveland brake information.

-sent from the I-droid implanted in my forearm

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

[quote] Thanks guys for the quick help. On my way to abq to get the parts.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:01 AM, John Miller <gengrumpy(at)aol.com> wrote:

Hope this helps!

grumpy
Cleveland, Wheel 40-59A; Disc 164-07500
Grease seals: 153-00300 outer; 153-00400 inner. Snap ring 155-00100.
Lining 066-11200. Rivet 105-00200. Dust Shield 157-00900; Wheel bolts
AN5-34A; MS21044-N5 nuts

Timken Bearing LM274949-2-629, cotter pin AN 380-3-8. Torque halves 150in
lb dry

On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:52 AM, Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you! On my way to ABQ to pick up the parts.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2017, at 9:27 AM, Home <bdgillespie215(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.... had this noted in my POH

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

flysrv10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Cleveland Brake parts. Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the help with break model numbers during my travel.
Best I can tell, the left caliper jammed during taxi. I could feel a wheel unbalanced condition while taxing as I sometimes notice during landing, under certain loading conditions and the right speed. So I ignored it. There was no indication of the plane dragging at all but it was a windy day and it is possible I was actually correcting for the jammed break and not the wind.  Although not enough correction to be noticeable to me.
By the time I taxied to the departure point and stopped, the piston's o ring failed and fire started but I could only see white smoke. The heat bubbled the wheel pant paint and caused minor damage to the fiberglass. Having such tight wheel pants helped keep the flame from spreading and it extinguished itself in a few minutes, sooner than I could get over my shock and get the fire extinguisher from the plane.
Quote:
Quote:

Got the pads and O ring replaced but during the installation, noticed that the tire was melted all around near the rim, indicating that the caliper was stuck for the entire taxi period (I think...).   I cannot imagine the intense heat needed to melt the tire as much as it did. Perhaps about â…›" rubber depth was gone all around from the sidewall. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the tire before I left it behind, in my hangar in Ruidoso.

Left disk is shot and I expect the new pads to be scored badly. Two new disks and two sets of linings are on order.
Do not archive.

Sent from my iPad
On Feb 24, 2017, at 3:37 PM, Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com (apilot2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Just revising the subject line to give a break to anyone searching the archives for Cleveland brake information.
-sent from the I-droid implanted in my forearm

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com (flysrv10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Thanks guys for the quick help. On my way to abq to get the parts.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:01 AM, John Miller <gengrumpy(at)aol.com (gengrumpy(at)aol.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hope this helps!

grumpy
Cleveland, Wheel 40-59A; Disc 164-07500
Grease seals: 153-00300 outer; 153-00400 inner. Snap ring 155-00100. Lining 066-11200. Rivet 105-00200. Dust Shield 157-00900; Wheel bolts AN5-34A; MS21044-N5 nuts

Timken Bearing LM274949-2-629, cotter pin AN 380-3-8. Torque halves 150in lb dry

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, at 10:52 AM, Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com (flysrv10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com (flysrv10(at)gmail.com)>

Thank you! On my way to ABQ to pick up the parts.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, at 9:27 AM, Home <bdgillespie215(at)gmail.com (bdgillespie215(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

--> RV10-List message posted by: Home <bdgillespie215(at)gmail.com (bdgillespie215(at)gmail.com)>

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.... had this noted in my POH.

Main Brakes: 30-59E assy Torque 75-80 in-lb dry ï‚· Linings: Cleveland 66-112 ï‚· Rivets: 105-2   Disc: 164-07500 ï‚· Fluid: Aeroshell Mil-H-5606G

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, at 11:07 AM, Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com (flysrv10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

--> RV10-List message posted by: Rob Kermanj <flysrv10(at)gmail.com (flysrv10(at)gmail.com)>

Guys,

Need help.  Break failure at run up area. Need the wheel and caliper model to get o ring and pads. Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.matronics.com/Navi==============================================================================nbsp; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WI====================================================sp;   &nbsp"http://www.matronics.com/contribution" class="">http://www.matronics.com/=============================================

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: