Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hooker Issues....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philperry9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Hooker Issues.... Reply with quote

My Hookers are giving me a hard time....   Still trying to get the W&B completed and I started the process of installing the seat belts.

1) The front seats require a 5/16 bolt and my harnesses have 1/4" bushings.   Is it common to drill that bushing out, or have some of you had to send yours back to Hooker and have the hole enlarged and a new bushing installed.
2) Where I do have 1/4" bushings installed (like for the rear seats, etc.) those bushings are extremely wide.  When I try to slide them into the slot on the anchors, it severely distorts them by spreading them apart.   Any ideas there?

I was hoping this week wasn't going to be full of hooker problems.  But I don't get to choose my problems, I just get to deal with the consequences.
Phil

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
bdgillespie215(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Hooker Issues.... Reply with quote

I don't recall any issues with the bushings. I see a note indicating to drill out the bushing diameter to the bolt diameter if needed. The thickness just needs to be wider than the harness attach point to allow it to rotate after tightened.

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Mar 27, 2017, at 2:30 PM, Phillip Perry <philperry9(at)gmail.com> wrote:

My Hookers are giving me a hard time.... Still trying to get the W&B completed and I started the process of installing the seat belts.

1) The front seats require a 5/16 bolt and my harnesses have 1/4" bushings. Is it common to drill that bushing out, or have some of you had to send yours back to Hooker and have the hole enlarged and a new bushing installed.

2) Where I do have 1/4" bushings installed (like for the rear seats, etc.) those bushings are extremely wide. When I try to slide them into the slot on the anchors, it severely distorts them by spreading them apart. Any ideas there?

I was hoping this week wasn't going to be full of hooker problems. But I don't get to choose my problems, I just get to deal with the consequences.

Phil

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

civengpe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Hooker Issues.... Reply with quote

Phil,I recall the bushings being a tight squeeze on mine as well.  I assumed it was to allow the belts to rotate freely when tightened.  I did have to call Hooker to get new end brackets for the upper cabin supports.  This was after I ruined a few drill bits enlarging the holes.  
Shannon
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Phillip Perry <philperry9(at)gmail.com (philperry9(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
My Hookers are giving me a hard time....   Still trying to get the W&B completed and I started the process of installing the seat belts.

1) The front seats require a 5/16 bolt and my harnesses have 1/4" bushings.   Is it common to drill that bushing out, or have some of you had to send yours back to Hooker and have the hole enlarged and a new bushing installed.
2) Where I do have 1/4" bushings installed (like for the rear seats, etc.) those bushings are extremely wide.  When I try to slide them into the slot on the anchors, it severely distorts them by spreading them apart.   Any ideas there?

I was hoping this week wasn't going to be full of hooker problems.  But I don't get to choose my problems, I just get to deal with the consequences.
Phil

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Hooker Issues.... Reply with quote

It's been too long for me to remember my RV-10 install of the
belts, but I had issues with the Crow harnesses on my 14
too. In the end, you can make most anything work if you
want. You can drill out or make your own bushings,
or use different aluminum tubing to make the bushings out
of, or whatever you feel is best. On my crows, I had a large
hole and needed to make it smaller, so I bought some round
delrin rod and made mine out of delrin instead of AL.
You just want to make sure the seat belt end can swivel, so
make the bushing a little wider than the belt attach end.

Regarding #2, I would just polish or grind down any spacers if
they are too wide. Again, you just want a bushing that's wide
enough so that when you bolt it up, the belt end can
swivel...so just a little wider than that gap when filled
with the buckle end.

So if you're having problems with your hookers, you can
drill them or ream them, whatever you fancy. But just
don't beat them...they're just trying to do their job.
Oh, and make sure that they swing, and that they hold on
around your waist snugly when you're cuddled with them.
I never go anywhere in my -10 without my 4 hookers.

BTW: The crows I have in my -14 are also pretty nice,
but I do prefer the hooker buckles for my RV-10 in that
airplane. I prefer the crow "knob" in the RV-14 due to
the crotch strap. So it worked out well that I have some
of each.

Tim

On 03/27/2017 01:30 PM, Phillip Perry wrote:
Quote:
My Hookers are giving me a hard time.... Still trying to get the W&B
completed and I started the process of installing the seat belts.

1) The front seats require a 5/16 bolt and my harnesses have 1/4"
bushings. Is it common to drill that bushing out, or have some of you
had to send yours back to Hooker and have the hole enlarged and a new
bushing installed.

2) Where I do have 1/4" bushings installed (like for the rear seats,
etc.) those bushings are extremely wide. When I try to slide them into
the slot on the anchors, it severely distorts them by spreading them
apart. Any ideas there?

I was hoping this week wasn't going to be full of hooker problems. But
I don't get to choose my problems, I just get to deal with the consequences.

Phil

carl.froehlich(at)verizon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Hooker Issues.... Reply with quote

Yep – call Hooker for the front seat shoulder harness brackets and get ones with a larger hole.

Carl

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Shannon Hicks
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 3:26 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Hooker Issues....

Phil,
I recall the bushings being a tight squeeze on mine as well. I assumed it was to allow the belts to rotate freely when tightened. I did have to call Hooker to get new end brackets for the upper cabin supports. This was after I ruined a few drill bits enlarging the holes.

Shannon

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Phillip Perry <philperry9(at)gmail.com (philperry9(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
My Hookers are giving me a hard time.... Still trying to get the W&B completed and I started the process of installing the seat belts.

1) The front seats require a 5/16 bolt and my harnesses have 1/4" bushings. Is it common to drill that bushing out, or have some of you had to send yours back to Hooker and have the hole enlarged and a new bushing installed.

2) Where I do have 1/4" bushings installed (like for the rear seats, etc.) those bushings are extremely wide. When I try to slide them into the slot on the anchors, it severely distorts them by spreading them apart. Any ideas there?

I was hoping this week wasn't going to be full of hooker problems. But I don't get to choose my problems, I just get to deal with the consequences.

Phil

flying-nut(at)cfl.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Hooker Issues.... Reply with quote

I got excited when I read the subject line ....... not the advice I expected .....
Sorry, couldn't resist!!!!
Linn

Sent from Samsung tablet cruising on the Oasis Of The Seas.
-------- Original message --------
From Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net>
Date: 03/27/2017 3:48 PM (GMT-05:00)
To rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject RE: RV10-List: Hooker Issues....

Yep – call Hooker for the front seat shoulder harness brackets and get ones with a larger hole.

Carl

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Shannon Hicks
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 3:26 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: RV10-List: Hooker Issues....

Phil,
I recall the bushings being a tight squeeze on mine as well.  I assumed it was to allow the belts to rotate freely when tightened.  I did have to call Hooker to get new end brackets for the upper cabin supports.  This was after I ruined a few drill bits enlarging the holes.  

Shannon

Phil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: