Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billhuntersemail(at)gmail

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Hi and Happy Easter!!!
I am struggling to find a crimp on terminal ring that will work with 20 AWG wire and a 5/16 stud. The Google keeps showing results for 8 AWG wire.
Does anyone have a part number to share?
Thanks,
Bill Hunter

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Bilk
That will be SA-044 from SteinAir
Carlos

Enviado do meu iPhone

No dia 16/04/2017, às 16:56, William Hunter <billhuntersemail(at)gmail.com (billhuntersemail(at)gmail.com)> escreveu:
Quote:

Hi and Happy Easter!!!
I am struggling to find a crimp on terminal ring that will work with 20 AWG wire and a 5/16 stud. The Google keeps showing results for 8 AWG wire.
Does anyone have a part number to share?
Thanks,
Bill Hunter

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

user9253

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Sta-Kon RA18-516

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Joe,

I knew I could count on you!!!

I guess I figured out why I could not find them on The Google...all of the
results I found were for around 85 bucks because they only sell them in 100
pc boxes!!!

Cheers!!!

Bill Hunter

--

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Amazon Aircraft Supply had a different manufacturer for only 15 bucks!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Terminal-Connectors-Plus-Parts-House/dp/B00N9RYQDI/re
f=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492363881&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=22-16+AWG+5%2F16
%22+Stud+Nylon+Insulated+Double+Crimp+Ring+Terminal

Cheers!!!

Bill Hunter

--

ceengland7(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Bill,

Just a data point, but that link is for a product with a vinyl
insulator, and it's unlikely to be configured as PIDG (where the crimp
grabs both the wire and a small portion of the insulation). I'm not
saying that it's a deal breaker; I've used a few of those in my build &
I'm not afraid the plane will fall out of the sky because of them. Just
wanted to note that you're not comparing apples to apples. (The 'real'
PIDG terminals are grossly overpriced, in my not so humble opinion. An
order of magnitude price increase to go from vinyl to nylon and a
slightly longer metal barrel is a real stretch.)

A tip for finding products when a google search doesn't instantly find
what you want: If you look on ebay & find something that's similar from
one of the web stores that list there, try clicking on the store's
direct link, then search within that store. You can often find what
you're looking for that way. Bigger ebay sellers rarely list every
product they sell as a separate listing on ebay, but you can still
purchase through ebay by looking within the store's listings.

Charlie

On 4/16/2017 12:33 PM, William Hunter wrote:
[quote]

Cheers!!!

Bill Hunter

--

donvansanten(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

I would recommend using only AMP or TE PIDG terminals. They are available from Steinair, Allied Electronics, Mouser and digikey for as little as 37 cents each in lots of 1.

Just my opinion, the junk stuff does not provide insulation support or good material so they tend to fail fairly quickly.
On Apr 16, 2017 12:56, "Charlie England" <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:[quote]--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)>

Bill,

Just a data point, but that link is for a product with a vinyl insulator, and it's unlikely to be configured as PIDG (where the crimp grabs both the wire and a small portion of the insulation). I'm not saying that it's a deal breaker; I've used a few of those in my build & I'm not afraid the plane will fall out of the sky because of them. Just wanted to note that you're not comparing apples to apples. (The 'real' PIDG terminals are grossly overpriced, in my not so humble opinion. An order of magnitude price increase to go from vinyl to nylon and a slightly longer metal barrel is a real stretch.)

A tip for finding products when a google search doesn't instantly find what you want: If you look on ebay & find something that's similar from one of the web stores that list there, try clicking on the store's direct link, then search within that store. You can often find what you're looking for that way. Bigger ebay sellers rarely list every product they sell as a separate listing on ebay, but you can still purchase through ebay by looking within the store's listings.

Charlie

On 4/16/2017 12:33 PM, William Hunter wrote:
[quote] --> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "William Hunter" <billhuntersemail(at)gmail.com (billhuntersemail(at)gmail.com)>

Cheers!!!

Bill  Hunter

--

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud Reply with quote

Good information…THANKS!!!

Cheers!!!

Bill  Hunter

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of don van santen
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2017 1:20 PM
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Red Crimp On Terminal Ring For 5/16 Stud

I would recommend using only AMP or TE PIDG terminals. They are available from Steinair, Allied Electronics, Mouser and digikey for as little as 37 cents each in lots of 1.

Just my opinion, the junk stuff does not provide insulation support or good material so they tend to fail fairly quickly.

On Apr 16, 2017 12:56, "Charlie England" <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:[quote]
--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)>

Bill,

Just a data point, but that link is for a product with a vinyl insulator, and it's unlikely to be configured as PIDG (where the crimp grabs both the wire and a small portion of the insulation). I'm not saying that it's a deal breaker; I've used a few of those in my build & I'm not afraid the plane will fall out of the sky because of them. Just wanted to note that you're not comparing apples to apples. (The 'real' PIDG terminals are grossly overpriced, in my not so humble opinion. An order of magnitude price increase to go from vinyl to nylon and a slightly longer metal barrel is a real stretch.)

A tip for finding products when a google search doesn't instantly find what you want: If you look on ebay & find something that's similar from one of the web stores that list there, try clicking on the store's direct link, then search within that store. You can often find what you're looking for that way. Bigger ebay sellers rarely list every product they sell as a separate listing on ebay, but you can still purchase through ebay by looking within the store's listings.

Charlie

On 4/16/2017 12:33 PM, William Hunter wrote:[quote]
--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "William Hunter" <billhuntersemail(at)gmail.com (billhuntersemail(at)gmail.com)>

Cheers!!!

Bill Hunter

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: