Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GDU-460 display unit Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: GDU-460 display unit Test Reply with quote

Question for those RV-10’ers who have installed Garmin G3X

I’ve been installing a G3X system in an RV-10. Back in 2016 I bought everything except the display units, and have been installing all the boxes and circuits.
The installation is not yet completed, I still have some engine sensors to be connected (CHT’s and EGT’s), but I already completed the CAN Bus and all RS-232 connections.

Last week I bought one display unit (GDU-460), which arrived yesterday, and you know how “boys and their toys” are: I immediately made some connections to test the Display unit in the system.
When I turned the unit On, I only got Map and Charts information.
I was not able to see any Engine Information page in the display unit, nor any Flight Instruments information or Attitude page, or any Auto-pilot information.
So the question is:
  • Why am I not getting the Engine page, or the Attitude page in the display unit?

Could it be because the CAN Bus is open in the second Display unit? (Remember, I still don’t have the second display unit)
Could it be because the Roll servo (which is installed in the Right wing) is still disconnected? (I still don’t have the wings installed in the fuselage)
Could it be because some Engine sensors are still not connected to the GEA-24?
Could it be for any other reason?

Best
Carlos

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
stein(at)steinair.com

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: GDU-460 display unit Test Reply with quote

You have a lot of work to do…you need to read the manual and go through all the setup/configurations whilst ensuring everything is properly connected. There are lots of reasons you might not be seeing things from configuration settings to not having stuff hooked up (that is a must before you start messing around with settings), etc..

If your dealer is experienced with G3X installs they should be able to walk you through it easily!

Cheers,
Stein

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Carlos Trigo
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2017 5:11 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: GDU-460 display unit Test

Question for those RV-10’ers who have installed Garmin G3X

I’ve been installing a G3X system in an RV-10. Back in 2016 I bought everything except the display units, and have been installing all the boxes and circuits.
The installation is not yet completed, I still have some engine sensors to be connected (CHT’s and EGT’s), but I already completed the CAN Bus and all RS-232 connections.

Last week I bought one display unit (GDU-460), which arrived yesterday, and you know how “boys and their toys” are: I immediately made some connections to test the Display unit in the system.
When I turned the unit On, I only got Map and Charts information.
I was not able to see any Engine Information page in the display unit, nor any Flight Instruments information or Attitude page, or any Auto-pilot information.
So the question is:
  • Why am I not getting the Engine page, or the Attitude page in the display unit?

Could it be because the CAN Bus is open in the second Display unit? (Remember, I still don’t have the second display unit)
Could it be because the Roll servo (which is installed in the Right wing) is still disconnected? (I still don’t have the wings installed in the fuselage)
Could it be because some Engine sensors are still not connected to the GEA-24?
Could it be for any other reason?

Best
Carlos

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: