Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PilotAware installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete(at)lawless.info

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: PilotAware installation Reply with quote

Hi All

Just wondering where people are fitting the PilotAware unit in the
Europa. I am thinking of the shelf on rear D panel in my non extended
baggage bay or a little higher up on a new bracket.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
cakeykev(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: PilotAware installation Reply with quote

I fitted mine on the passenger shelf, starboard side of the panel. Not very neat but works fine. One day I might move it somewhere out of sight.

It really is a brilliant unit, the other day it showed another aircraft on a converging course. I knew where the other aircraft was but could not see it. Sure enough it appeared exactly where the Aware unit said it would.

The Mk1 eyeball is remarkable limited in distance when looking for a small plane in a big sky.

Kevin Challis
G ODJG
Quote:
On 14 May 2017, at 15:14, Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info> wrote:

Hi All

Just wondering where people are fitting the PilotAware unit in the Europa. I am thinking of the shelf on rear D panel in my non extended baggage bay or a little higher up on a new bracket.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

pete(at)lawless.info

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: PilotAware installation Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin

Wondered about there. Good to know it works. I am based between two
busy gliding sites so the new OGN facility should be a real help. Not
used it in flight yet but like what I see on the ground. Was going to
try just the Radar screen on a browser or link it to XCSoar to see which
I prefer.

Pete

On 14/05/17 16:24, Kevin Challis wrote:
Quote:

I fitted mine on the passenger shelf, starboard side of the panel. Not very neat but works fine. One day I might move it somewhere out of sight.

It really is a brilliant unit, the other day it showed another aircraft on a converging course. I knew where the other aircraft was but could not see it. Sure enough it appeared exactly where the Aware unit said it would.

The Mk1 eyeball is remarkable limited in distance when looking for a small plane in a big sky.

Kevin Challis
G ODJG
> On 14 May 2017, at 15:14, Pete Lawless <pete(at)lawless.info> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi All
>
> Just wondering where people are fitting the PilotAware unit in the Europa. I am thinking of the shelf on rear D panel in my non extended baggage bay or a little higher up on a new bracket.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete
>
> G-RMAC Classic #109
>

graeme bird

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: PilotAware installation Reply with quote

Mine is being mounted at an angle with P3i antenna pointing down on the back of the baggage bay rim behind my head and near as the top as possible. The small antenna I am intending to glue on the cieling of the fuslage away from the fuel filler pipe.

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
pete(at)lawless.info

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: PilotAware installation Reply with quote

Hi Graeme

Sort of what I was thinking once it has been test flown. But watch out
for the small antenna! I stuck mine this morning with velcro and when I
came to remove it the bottom cover of the antenna came off to reveal the
little magnet. I think it will be better, without the base cover,
epoxied on to a square of ply.
On 14/05/17 21:20, graeme bird wrote:
Quote:

Mine is being mounted at an angle with P3i antenna pointing down on the back of the baggage bay rim behind my head and near as the top as possible. The small antenna I am intending to glue on the cieling of the fuslage away from the fuel filler pipe.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis ap, pflarm, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500 &amp; SD on Nexus,
280 hours &amp; 5 years on the Mono, 900 total
g(at)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469306#469306

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: