Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reregistering my slingshot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captanstone(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reregistering my slingshot Reply with quote

Hello All, Have a question about getting my new-to-me slingshot registered to me, still quite a ways from flying but figured I better get this going, what I have is a 98 model SS ser # 012 built by Bill Clark,( whom I believe to be in the next life) R.I.P. sold in an estate sale with no paperwork what so ever and then bought by me from Bill Berle, (Nice Guy), in rather poor condition but repairable, no engine, prop, instruments, landing gear, wing struts and so on. have made a lot of repairs and will be recovering entire plane, took pics but am not the builder. How would you guys go about getting it legal, PS looked on registry.gov and it was deregistered some time ago. Any help? Thanks.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
rmurrill(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reregistering my slingshot Reply with quote

Talk to the EAA at Oshkosh headquarters first. Do not talk to the FAA until after you have got your ducks lined up with EAA. How it was “deregistered” may matter....ie lapsed exceptions vs. formally deregistration for which there may be no exceptions....

Bob

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:50 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Reregistering my slingshot

Hello All, Have a question about getting my new-to-me slingshot registered to me, still quite a ways from flying but figured I better get this going, what I have is a 98 model SS ser # 012 built by Bill Clark,( whom I believe to be in the next life) R.I.P. sold in an estate sale with no paperwork what so ever and then bought by me from Bill Berle, (Nice Guy), in rather poor condition but repairable, no engine, prop, instruments, landing gear, wing struts and so on. have made a lot of repairs and will be recovering entire plane, took pics but am not the builder. How would you guys go about getting it legal, PS looked on registry.gov and it was deregistered some time ago. Any help? Thanks.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rickofudall

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reregistering my slingshot Reply with quote

I got great help from Chistina at the FAA registry office when I found that I had mistaken the re-registration date and allowed my aircraft to become de-registered. Christina told me to fill out a form 8050-1 for each aircraft, send them in with the $5 fee for each aircraft, and wait for them to percolate to the top of the pile (FIFO). Three weeks later all the new registrations arrived in my mailbox. Their toll free number is (866) 762-9434.Considering the magnitude of MY screw-up I can't tell you how worried I was before I talked to her. I really thought I had turned my aircraft into very expensive lawn ornaments.
Christina put me at ease and gave me the information I needed in less than two minutes.
My experience and two cents.
Rick Girard
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Bob <rmurrill(at)cox.net (rmurrill(at)cox.net)> wrote:
Quote:
Talk to the EAA at Oshkosh headquarters first.  Do not talk to the FAA until after you have got your ducks lined up with EAA.  How it was “deregistered” may matter....ie lapsed exceptions vs. formally deregistration for which there may be no exceptions....

Bob

Hello All, Have a question about getting my new-to-me slingshot registered to me, still quite a ways from flying but figured I better get this going, what I have is a 98 model SS ser # 012  built by Bill Clark,( whom I believe to be in the next life) R.I.P. sold in an estate sale with no paperwork what so ever and then bought by me from Bill Berle, (Nice Guy), in rather poor condition but repairable, no engine, prop, instruments, landing gear, wing struts and so on. have made a lot of repairs and will be recovering entire plane, took pics but am not the builder. How would you guys go about getting it legal, PS looked on registry.gov and it was deregistered some time ago. Any help? Thanks.

--
“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”   Groucho Marx

herbgh(at)nctc.com

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reregistering my slingshot Reply with quote

Meeee toooo....the folks at Oak city do a good job...slow it may be....Very helpful sorting through my screw up....Christina also I think....Herb

On 05/18/2017 08:23 AM, Richard Girard wrote:

Quote:
I got great help from Chistina at the FAA registry office when I found that I had mistaken the re-registration date and allowed my aircraft to become de-registered. Christina told me to fill out a form 8050-1 for each aircraft, send them in with the $5 fee for each aircraft, and wait for them to percolate to the top of the pile (FIFO). Three weeks later all the new registrations arrived in my mailbox. Their toll free number is (866) 762-9434. Considering the magnitude of MY screw-up I can't tell you how worried I was before I talked to her. I really thought I had turned my aircraft into very expensive lawn ornaments.
Christina put me at ease and gave me the information I needed in less than two minutes.
My experience and two cents.

Rick Girard

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Bob <rmurrill(at)cox.net (rmurrill(at)cox.net)> wrote:
Quote:
Talk to the EAA at Oshkosh headquarters first.  Do not talk to the FAA until after you have got your ducks lined up with EAA.  How it was “deregistered” may matter....ie lapsed exceptions vs. formally deregistration for which there may be no exceptions....

Bob

Hello All, Have a question about getting my new-to-me slingshot registered to me, still quite a ways from flying but figured I better get this going, what I have is a 98 model SS ser # 012  built by Bill Clark,( whom I believe to be in the next life) R.I.P. sold in an estate sale with no paperwork what so ever and then bought by me from Bill Berle, (Nice Guy), in rather poor condition but repairable, no engine, prop, instruments, landing gear, wing struts and so on. have made a lot of repairs and will be recovering entire plane, took pics but am not the builder. How would you guys go about getting it legal, PS looked on registry.gov and it was deregistered some time ago. Any help? Thanks.

--
“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”   Groucho Marx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: