Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arplast PV50 pitch change motor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Dovey

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Arplast PV50 pitch change motor Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have a suspect pitch change motor. Has anybody sourced a new motor lately.
I've googled the part number on the old one and checked the motor manufactures web site but not having much luck.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Matt Dovey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Arplast PV50 pitch change motor Reply with quote

Just to answer my own question and to help others the part number for the motor is 2224U006SR-59. There is pinion G23.05.01 and gearbox 23/1 246:1
which are separate. There was a 4 to 6 week lead time. The company was a uk company www.ems-limited.co.uk.
The job to replace the motor assembly wasn't to difficult. The hardest part is cutting down and drilling the gearbox drive shaft to fit the pitch change screw.
I also replaced the pitch change screw bearing, due to wear and lubricated the screw.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

italianjon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Arplast PV50 pitch change motor Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

I apologise, back in May I was distracted by the birth of my first son, and so didn't have much time to browse forums.

I do know that the manufacturer is Faulhaber in Germany, and so could have passed this information on. I did some research because I wanted to install a CSC-1 controlled and I know this works at 12V, instead of the 6V rated motor running at 9V from the standard Arplast PV50 controller. Which tends to lead to (I am told; not experienced this yet a TBF of about 200 hours before the motor burns itself out from the over voltage)

What I haven't posted yet, but am wondering, is as the original part is 2224U006SR there is an mechanically identical 2224U012SR which runs at 12V. Has anyone replaced the motor with the 12V version?

I can't see a reason not to replace with the 12V version. The rpm is slightly lower, but as it's heavily geared anyway, the speed reduction will probably be about 1rpm slower once it's passed through the gearbox. The torque is a little higher, but this shouldn't matter unless you hit the mechanical stop... which is what the micro-switches are there to protect.

Best,

Jon

Matt Dovey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Arplast PV50 pitch change motor Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
No worries. I don't know about the other part number motor. Heard that there are failures of the motors due to the voltage. You could contact the manufacture and ask them about the spec of the 12V motor.

Matt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: