Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tragedy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobhitchcock(at)icloud.co

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Tragedy Reply with quote

With sadness I would confirm my friend Bryan Allsop and well known Europa pilot died in the incident at Apperknowle / Coal Aston airstrip on Sunday. The AAIB continue their investigation into the loss of power and loss of control during takeoff, resulting in vertical high speed dive into the ground.

Have today spent time with his widow Sylvia and family. All our thoughts are clearly with them at this difficult time. The late Bryan Allsop requested that I be an executor of his estate. I will respect Bryan's final need and continue to offer support to Sylvia both in this role and as friend.

Regards

Bob

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
graeme bird

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Tragedy Reply with quote

Very sorry indeed to hear that. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
Rick Moss

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Tragedy Reply with quote

Someone much wiser than me wrote:

"To my mind flying is something of a lottery - something - anything - can leap up and bite you no matter what you fly, how often or how little you fly, how much or how little experience you have, how much you anticipate or how intrinsically safe and well maintained the aircraft type or how well you and other people are trained.

We can only grieve for the lost, sympathise with their friends and relatives, perhaps raise a defiant toast to a fallen brother and think to ourselves 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

Perhaps we can take hope by learning something positive from the investigation to mean that our comrades life was not spent in vain; put into practice the findings and hope it never happens again....

In the intervening period we continue taking to the air, as our flying ancestors have done, knowing, and hoping that our friends know, that in the event that something does befall us we are enjoying the privilege of being able to do so. "

I only met Bryan once, and he seemed a most likeable chap; but my glass is raised.

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Tragedy Reply with quote

Rick,

You took really my heart.

My deepest condolences to all and their families who have lost their dearest with Europa.
Too many. That´s something we really should talk.
I talked just once with Neville. That was around 1998, when I started to build my Europa.
I asked him how about children in Europa.
He encouraged me to make certain children seats to my Europa´s backseat.
I did, and we were and are happy.

Thanks, My Dear Neville!!!

His English was not so book written but my English was just a fucken shit during those days - however we managed it very well say 20-years ago.
I do remember him forever.
Raimo
from Finland

OH-XRT

allekirjoitus (info(at)rwm.fi)
Rick Moss kirjoitti 31.5.2017 klo 19:42:

Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Rick Moss" <Rkwmoss(at)gmail.com> (Rkwmoss(at)gmail.com)

Someone much wiser than me wrote:

"To my mind flying is something of a lottery - something - anything - can leap up and bite you no matter what you fly, how often or how little you fly, how much or how little experience you have, how much you anticipate or how intrinsically safe and well maintained the aircraft type or how well you and other people are trained.

We can only grieve for the lost, sympathise with their friends and relatives, perhaps raise a defiant toast to a fallen brother and think to ourselves 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

Perhaps we can take hope by learning something positive from the investigation to mean that our comrades life was not spent in vain; put into practice the findings and hope it never happens again....

In the intervening period we continue taking to the air, as our flying ancestors have done, knowing, and hoping that our friends know, that in the event that something does befall us we are enjoying the privilege of being able to do so. "

I only met Bryan once, and he seemed a most likeable chap; but my glass is raised.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469753#469753

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: