Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 axis control authority

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perezmdomenic(at)plateaut

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: 3 axis control authority Reply with quote

When I first got my Firestar II, my instructor test flew it first and commented that my ailerons “were crap”. I had bought the plane used and was disappointed that I might have bought a poorly built one. However, simply disassembling the joystick mixer, cleaning the metal-to-metal surfaces that are in contact during control movements, lubricating and being careful not to overtighten the nuts putting it back together “made all the difference in the world”, he said. So I never personally experienced the heavy aileron problem on my own plane, I’m just relaying what the instructor thought, before mixer maintenance and after. Bill Berle, something to think about on your friend’s Mk III if you haven’t already.
Haven’t contributed to the list or even flown for a while. Life can get complicated.

M. Domenic Perez
FS II 503
Vaughn, NM

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: 3 axis control authority Reply with quote

M. Domenic thank you for this information. We will make sure everything is lubricated and not over-tightened. I was informed that this particular Kolb had a center stick and then was changed to dual sticks. Perhaps something got over-tightened during that upgrade.

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 5/31/17, M. Domenic Perez <perezmdomenic(at)plateautel.net> wrote:

Subject: 3 axis control authority
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 9:19 AM

When I first got my
Firestar II, my instructor test flew it first and commented
that my ailerons “were crap”. I had bought the
plane used and was disappointed that I might have bought a
poorly built one. However, simply disassembling the joystick
mixer, cleaning the metal-to-metal surfaces that are in
contact during control movements, lubricating and being
careful not to overtighten the nuts putting it back together
“made all the difference in the world”, he said.
So I never personally experienced the heavy aileron problem
on my own plane, I’m just relaying what the instructor
thought, before mixer maintenance and after. Bill Berle,
something to think about on your friend’s Mk III if
you haven’t already.  Haven’t
contributed to the list or even flown for a while. Life can
get complicated.
 M. Domenic
PerezFS II 503Vaughn, NM

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: