Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cubi Bar Fly Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jblake207(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Cubi Bar Fly Out Reply with quote

A couple people asked about our next SE Region informal formation fly in… Here’s what I’m putting together for 24 June – a little different; but I think you’ll hugely enjoy.

Arrive at KEDN (Enterprise, AL) for a 0900 CDT briefing. At 1000 we launch on a formation hop (2 and 4 ship training based on the needs of attendees) then recover to KPNS. About a 30-40 minute flight. The formation training will be enroute to Pensacola where we will then ground transport over to the Naval Air Station for a tour of the National Naval Air Museum. Lunch in the famous (or maybe infamous) Subic Bay Officer’s Club Bar, AKA “Cubi Point.” Read about it at the link provided below. After lunch a little more touring of the museum; the obligatory visit to the gift shop, then back to the flight line for our formation training hop enroute back to the house.

This may be a little longer flying day than usual, but well worth the time investment. As far as I’m concerned, the Naval Air Museum is the best aviation museum in the world. The airplanes are not roped off and you can even climb into several. Those of you who sported wings of gold may want to give those of us who wore silver wings a personal narration about the airplane you flew in the Navy or Marine Corps. Wouldn’t it be embarrassing if more silver winged aviators than the gold winged fellas made this trek…? (Challenge Prod)

Let’s double up on this fly out by bringing along a GIB. “Lightning” Lazar, why don’t you fly the Grumman down to EDN then either ride as “IP” with someone or you can fly my airplane with me as GIB. Maybe one of the “Florida Boys” could give “Pappy” Goolsby a ride since his aerospace vehicle is broke. Who am I forgetting? Oh yeah, Med. Knock the dust off Miss Stress and come on over for the day.

This stuff is as much about fellowship as it is airmanship. So the only thing needed from you is a “YES” RSVP email back to me for headcount.

“The Cubi Bar” link: http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20051125/famed-subic-bay-officers-club-finds-new-home-in-pensacola

Naval Air Museum link: http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/

Remember, if you want to be deleted from this distro list, just say so.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: