Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AOG in Florida--Need an assist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsts4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: AOG in Florida--Need an assist Reply with quote

Folks the Display Unit for my Vertical Power VP-200 has died, at least partially. If I cycle the power I can see the very very faint VP-200 startup logo and the startup systems check annunciations (they are so faint as to be illegible but I know what they are) but then a blank screen with the Soft Key label boxes barely visible but the labels themselves are illegible. The DU seems to still be controlling power pins and the control unit and the switch panel all seem to be functioning fine although it's impossible know 100% for sure without a full-up display.

Does anyone have a Display unit I could borrow/rent/buy, at least to get me home? I'll be here at Pompano Beach until July 1st and across the state over in Fort Myers until July 9th (so I'd like to get it fixed by then) I'll pay for overnight shipping. Email me at tsts4us AT gmail dot com or text/call me 703-595-5453.

Thanks!

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Lenny Iszak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: AOG in Florida--Need an assist Reply with quote

Hey Todd,

I don't have a VP-200 screen but I live close by at 64FA. I'll be home on the 28th or so. I have a bunch of tools, if you need anything let me know.
Sounds like the backlight in your screen is out. If you can source the lcd screen or even just the backlight I can repair it for you.

Lenny
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2017, at 4:17 PM, tsts4 <tsts4us(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Folks the Display Unit for my Vertical Power VP-200 has died, at least partially. If I cycle the power I can see the very very faint VP-200 startup logo and the startup systems check annunciations (they are so faint as to be illegible but I know what they are) but then a blank screen with the Soft Key label boxes barely visible but the labels themselves are illegible. The DU seems to still be controlling power pins and the control unit and the switch panel all seem to be functioning fine although it's impossible know 100% for sure without a full-up display.

Does anyone have a Display unit I could borrow/rent/buy, at least to get me home? I'll be here at Pompano Beach until July 1st and across the state over in Fort Myers until July 9th (so I'd like to get it fixed by then) I'll pay for overnight shipping. Email me at tsts4us AT gmail dot com or text/call me 703-595-5453.

Thanks!

--------
Todd Stovall
aka Auburntsts on EAA, AOPA, and VAF
RV-10 N728TT -- Flying

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=470466#470466

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tsts4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AOG in Florida--Need an assist Reply with quote

Thanks Lenny -- if I can't a new DU or backlight I might need some help with some tools and 14-20 ga wire as I'm already working a worst case back-up plan to bypass the CU and get power to all of the necessary systems required to safely get home.

tsts4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: AOG in Florida--Need an assist Reply with quote

Lenny,
If I open the DU's case, is the backlight or screen part numbers something I could identify without an electronic's background?

Lenny Iszak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: AOG in Florida--Need an assist Reply with quote

The backlight is usually inside the lcd frame, on the side. Try to get the part number from the LCD then you can see the size of the backlight, and order an aftermarket replacement.
There's a remote possibility of the inverter being bad, which is the driver of the backlight. Usually the backlight burns out though.

Lenny
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2017, at 7:03 PM, tsts4 <tsts4us(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Lenny,
If I open the DU's case, is the backlight or screen part numbers something I could identify without an electronic's background?

--------
Todd Stovall
aka Auburntsts on EAA, AOPA, and VAF
RV-10 N728TT -- Flying

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=470474#470474

tsts4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: AOG in Florida--Need an assist---Epilogue.... Reply with quote

We're back in business thanks to Mark Olson. Not only did he graciously ship me his backup screen and provided me with instructions to assist me in exporting my config file, he's extending me the loan of his DU through Oshkosh if I can't get mine repaired in time. I can't thank him enough!!!!!

This is a beautiful sight:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: