Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galinhdz(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Who manufactured (and model number) the main landing gear wheel assembly for the TR4? It is for a 15X6.00-6 tire. I think it was MATCO but not sure. One of my bearing race is turning on mine and I have some wear on the axle so I may want to replace it.

THANKS!

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List

Main_Axle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.92 MB
 Viewed:  7283 Time(s)

Main_Axle.jpg

Main_Gear.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.79 MB
 Viewed:  7283 Time(s)

Main_Gear.jpg

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Galin

The specifications indicate Marco wheels and brakes. Pretty sure that is what are on mine.

Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jul 1, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Galin Hernandez <galinhdz(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Who manufactured (and model number) the main landing gear wheel assembly for the TR4? It is for a 15X6.00-6 tire. I think it was MATCO but not sure. One of my bearing race is turning on mine and I have some wear on the axle so I may want to replace it.

THANKS!
<Main Axle.jpg>
<Main Gear.jpg>

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

It was Matco, I am away from my documentation , but I think it was there 6” wheel, the number W-600 sticks in my mind.

Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2017 11:22 AM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly

THANKS!

wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Found a folder, it is the W600 wheel assembly, so get the axle for that

Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2017 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly

It was Matco, I am away from my documentation , but I think it was there 6” wheel, the number W-600 sticks in my mind.

THANKS!

galinhdz(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

That is what I thought but wanted to make sure others had the same wheels.

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 3:28 PM, Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:
Quote:
--> KIS-List message posted by: Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)>

Galin

The specifications indicate Marco wheels and brakes. Pretty sure that is what are on mine.

Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 1, 2017, at 12:22 PM, Galin Hernandez <galinhdz(at)gmail.com (galinhdz(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> Who manufactured (and model number) the main landing gear wheel assembly for the TR4? It is for a 15X6.00-6 tire. I think it was MATCO but not sure. One of my bearing race is turning on mine and I have some wear on the axle so I may want to replace it.
>
> THANKS!
> <Main Axle.jpg>
> <Main Gear.jpg>

====================================
List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Galin
When I first started taxi tests, I had ‘severe’ lack of stopping power. Couldn’t taxi and steer the airplane. We ‘wore in’ the pads by pulling the plane and riding the brakes, and it became somewhat better but not good enough.

I eventually contacted Matco, when one of my rotors developed a crack, and they had a new owner, and had made some changes from the hardware supplied by KIS. They changed the rotor from a cast material to a machined tool steel. The cast iron has graphite inclusions, which don’t lead to great breaking. I think by your photo that you have the original, since the machined rotors have some surface grooves in them. Might want to talk to them.

THANKS!

pastormac62

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

My TR-1 seems to have the same lack of breaking power!  I'm wondering if I have the original set on mine as well?  I have surface groves in mine as well.  What wheels or rotor does Matco recommend? 
Quote:
On July 2, 2017 at 12:26 AM Bill Schertz <wschertz343(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Galin
When I first started taxi tests, I had ‘severe’ lack of stopping power. Couldn’t taxi and steer the airplane. We ‘wore in’ the pads by pulling the plane and riding the brakes, and it became somewhat better but not good enough.

I eventually contacted Matco, when one of my rotors developed a crack, and they had a new owner, and had made some changes from the hardware supplied by KIS. They changed the rotor from a cast material to a machined tool steel. The cast iron has graphite inclusions, which don’t lead to great breaking. I think by your photo that you have the original, since the machined rotors have some surface grooves in them.  Might want to talk to them.

Subject: KIS-List: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly

THANKS!

wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

The replacement rotor was tool steel, and they had different pads too, I suggest calling them directly.

Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 6:10 AM

Hi Bill,

My TR-1 seems to have the same lack of breaking power! I'm wondering if I have the original set on mine as well? I have surface groves in mine as well. What wheels or rotor does Matco recommend?
Quote:

Galin

I eventually contacted Matco, when one of my rotors developed a crack, and they had a new owner, and had made some changes from the hardware supplied by KIS. They changed the rotor from a cast material to a machined tool steel. The cast iron has graphite inclusions, which don’t lead to great breaking. I think by your photo that you have the original, since the machined rotors have some surface grooves in them. Might want to talk to them.

THANKS!

ftyoder(at)yoderbuilt.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Stephen,
If you have the original kit supplied break peddles you don't get enough pressure at the calipers. The peddles need to be about 2" longer. Measure the hydraulic pressure at the calipers with your normal foot pressure, it will probably be 250-350 lbs. and it needs to be much higher. The low pressure generates allot of heat and poor breaking. Call Matco, they will tell you the pressure you need to see.

Tim

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of STEPHEN MCINTOSH
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 5:10 AM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com

Hi Bill,

My TR-1 seems to have the same lack of breaking power! I'm wondering if I have the original set on mine as well? I have surface groves in mine as well. What wheels or rotor does Matco recommend?
Quote:

Galin

THANKS!

mike(at)vision499.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Thanks Tim

How do you measure the pressure at the calipers

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tim Yoder
Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:56 PM
Subject: RE: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly

Stephen,
If you have the original kit supplied break peddles you don't get enough pressure at the calipers. The peddles need to be about 2" longer. Measure the hydraulic pressure at the calipers with your normal foot pressure, it will probably be 250-350 lbs. and it needs to be much higher. The low pressure generates allot of heat and poor breaking. Call Matco, they will tell you the pressure you need to see.

Tim

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of STEPHEN MCINTOSH
Hi Bill,
Quote:

On July 2, 2017 at 12:26 AM Bill Schertz <wschertz343(at)gmail.com (wschertz343(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Galin

THANKS!

ftyoder(at)yoderbuilt.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Main Landing Gear Wheel Assembly Reply with quote

Disconnect a break line at a caliper and attach a high pressure gauge to the break line, it needs to read more than 2000 lbs. As I recall my stock peddles produced something like 250 lb. and after the mod I think I got 1800 lbs. Check with the owner of Matco and he will give you the correct value. He also has upgraded rotors and linings from the original ones.

Tim

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Mike Pienaar
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 7:20 AM

Thanks Tim

How do you measure the pressure at the calipers

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tim Yoder
Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:56 PM

Stephen,

Tim

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of STEPHEN MCINTOSH
Hi Bill,
Quote:

On July 2, 2017 at 12:26 AM Bill Schertz <wschertz343(at)gmail.com (wschertz343(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Galin

THANKS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: