Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E gear box question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wa0ysf(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: E gear box question Reply with quote

I am planning on switching from a C gear box to the E gear box on my 582 grey head engine which is mounted on a Kitfox 3 with the round bump cowl.  The literature indicates that the E box is 1.5 inches longer than the C box.  Can anyone out there tell me if there is going to be a problem between the cowling and the new gear box?  Also, has anyone been running a 3 blade IVO medium prop on a 3 to 1 gear box?  I am currently using a 2 blade medium IVO and have heard that a 3 blade on that gear box would cause a problem.  The original configuration when I purchased the kit was using a 3 blade GSC prop which I really liked.  Any comments? I am the original builder.

Harold
Kitfox 3 with 582 (grey head) and 2 blade medium IVO prop.  1150 hours.
NE North Dakota

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
malpass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: E gear box question Reply with quote

I have been running a c box with a ivo 3 blade with no problems for about 300 hours. I have had no problems with resonant harmonics or vibrations of yet. I am aware of those issues. I put metalic tape each side of the blade joints at the root to see if there is any movement at all. I am not sure if that is a good precaution, but thats what I do. For what its worth, I have never heard of any problems with anyone. If there are any. I would like to know the details.

Kitfox Bill.............model III, converted grey head, 620 total hrs.
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

peteohms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: E gear box question Reply with quote

You also might want to check with IVO.
Pete

On Jul 5, 2017, at 2:43 PM, Bill Malpass <malpass-architect(at)att.net (malpass-architect(at)att.net)> wrote:
[quote] (at)font-face { font-family: Cambria Math; } (at)font-face { font-family: Calibri; } (at)page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri",sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } A:visited { COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } MsoChpDefault { mso-style-type: export-only } DIV.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1 } I have been running a c box with a ivo 3 blade with no problems for about 300 hours. I have had no problems with resonant harmonics or vibrations of yet. I am aware of those issues. I put metalic tape each side of the blade joints at the root to see if there is any movement at all. I am not sure if that is a good precaution, but thats what I do. For what its worth, I have never heard of any problems with anyone. If there are any. I would like to know the details.

Kitfox Bill.............model III, converted grey head, 620 total hrs.
[quote] ---

kitfox555(at)sbcglobal.ne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: E gear box question Reply with quote

I have a grey head 582 c- box IVO inflight adjustable works great. I love it

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Harold McConnell <wa0ysf(at)gmail.com (wa0ysf(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

I am planning on switching from a C gear box to the E gear box on my 582 grey head engine which is mounted on a Kitfox 3 with the round bump cowl. The literature indicates that the E box is 1.5 inches longer than the C box. Can anyone out there tell me if there is going to be a problem between the cowling and the new gear box? Also, has anyone been running a 3 blade IVO medium prop on a 3 to 1 gear box? I am currently using a 2 blade medium IVO and have heard that a 3 blade on that gear box would cause a problem. The original configuration when I purchased the kit was using a 3 blade GSC prop which I really liked. Any comments? I am the original builder.

Harold
Kitfox 3 with 582 (grey head) and 2 blade medium IVO prop. 1150 hours.
NE North Dakota

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: