Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flight pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: flight pictures Reply with quote

Its really been hot and today was supposed to get up to 103 or more. I still wanted to fly for a while, but need to get it done before the heat got up too high. I choose the Alvord because I would have a tailwind coming back. I liked the scenery from the last flight, so I again climbed up to 6000 for the view. The second picture has the only wildlife that I saw on the whole trip. Its hard to see since I am 1000 feet agl, but there is a line of "mustangs" just in front of the plane shadow. The rest is just scenery. Even though there is 11 pictures, none are bigger than 400 k's

I flew for 1.5 hours, burning 4 gallons of fuel. Most of the way I used the HACman system to lean the fuel, but when I turned towards home, The air temps at 6500 feet was 77 at 11 AM. I saw that my cht's was running at 320 degrees. I still had 15 degrees to go, but I richened the fuel just to see how much the temps came down and they dropped 16 degrees when running normal without leaning. It was heating up rapidly, and I had no inclination to dodge Dust Devils, so I turned for home.
Larry

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

hot_springs.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  355.41 KB
 Viewed:  2187 Time(s)

hot_springs.JPG

July_8_horses.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  362.2 KB

July_8_horses.JPG

July8_Micky_1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  331.87 KB

July8_Micky_1.JPG

July8,Mickey.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  321.89 KB

July8,Mickey.JPG

July8.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  347.44 KB

July8.JPG

Mickey.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  333.03 KB

Mickey.JPG

sand_gap.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  369.25 KB

sand_gap.JPG

Sheep_Mt.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  325.99 KB

Sheep_Mt.JPG

steens_1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  334.84 KB

steens_1.JPG

steens_2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  337.13 KB

steens_2.JPG

steens_3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  351.18 KB

steens_3.JPG

lambdinwilliam(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: flight pictures Reply with quote

Larry, that is some rough, but beautiful terrain there. Thanks for sharing

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: