Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N390XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

I turn 86 in a week and consequently have stopped flying 390XP, the world's fastest Pulsar..
I have removed the wings and horizontal stabs and brought her back to her birth place,, my garage at home.
Though she flew great for me up to the end, there are several things that should be done before someone not familiar with her foibles and peculiarities takes her up again.
I am trying to decide what to do with her.
She is a project for someone who wants a Pulsar, who likes to work on airplanes but doesn't want to start from scratch building one.  
I could put the wings back on and go flying tomorrow. But, among the things another person should do first are:
Replace flap under the seat torque tube. At one notch the starboard flap doesn't move. At three notches it is about 10 degrees less than port flap. No problem for a Pulsar.
Rework pitot tube system and recalibrate air speed indicator. It reads 5 mph fast and hence Mode C is off also and must be recertified.
Needs an annual.
All rubber should be replaced.
Port fuel cell weeps from end plate and port brake line has slow leak.
Fuel level sensors need recalibration.
Main gear tow in/out needs adjustment.
Rebuild carbs. 912 starts hard when first out of a hot hanger.
Needs a paint job.
A particular person would probably find other things.
AND if I were 66 instead of 86 and doing it I would yank out the panel and start over.  

Do you know of anyone that this project fits ? ? ? 
Or should I just keep her as a lawn ornament ? ? ? 
Bernie Wilder

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
mikeshel(at)cfl.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

Bernard,
I have been considering a pulsar for a few years, love to work on and build planes. Where is she located? Any pictures available?
Thank you
Mike Nuechter

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, at 11:27 AM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I turn 86 in a week and consequently have stopped flying 390XP, the world's fastest Pulsar..

I have removed the wings and horizontal stabs and brought her back to her birth place,, my garage at home.

Though she flew great for me up to the end, there are several things that should be done before someone not familiar with her foibles and peculiarities takes her up again.

She is a project for someone who wants a Pulsar, who likes to work on airplanes but doesn't want to start from scratch building one.

I could put the wings back on and go flying tomorrow. But, among the things another person should do first are:

Replace flap under the seat torque tube. At one notch the starboard flap doesn't move. At three notches it is about 10 degrees less than port flap. No problem for a Pulsar.

Rework pitot tube system and recalibrate air speed indicator. It reads 5 mph fast and hence Mode C is off also and must be recertified.

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

AND if I were 66 instead of 86 and doing it I would yank out the panel and start over.

Bernie Wilder

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

edinburgnews(at)frontiern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

How much are you asking??

Doug

Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:27 AM
To: Pulsar Net
Subject: N390XP

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

Bernie Wilder

captfletch(at)bellsouth.n

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

What do you want for it. Please I am 70 and want to get back to flying. I had to sell mine. Thanks. John

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jul 11, 2017, at 10:27 AM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

Bernie Wilder

propeLLers(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

Bernie, sorry to hear it's time to stop flying, I'm not looking forward to that time in my life and the way time goes it will be here tomorrow, Thanks again for the propeller purchase back in 2001.

Take Care,

www.princeaircraft.com
Lonnie Prince
CEO/President
6774 Providence Street
Whitehouse, Ohio 43571
Tel. 419-877-5557
Fax 419-877-5564
lonnie(at)princeaircraft.com
Veteran Owned Company
Member of:
Better Business Bureau
National Federation of Small Businessmen
Experimental Aircraft Association
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
In a message dated 7/11/2017 3:23:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

Bernie Wilder

propeLLers(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

By the way Happy Birthday next week.

www.princeaircraft.com
Lonnie Prince
CEO/President
6774 Providence Street
Whitehouse, Ohio 43571
Tel. 419-877-5557
Fax 419-877-5564
lonnie(at)princeaircraft.com
Veteran Owned Company
Member of:
Better Business Bureau
National Federation of Small Businessmen
Experimental Aircraft Association
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
In a message dated 7/11/2017 3:23:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

Bernie Wilder

gregsmi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are retiring from flying Bernie, you have been a great supporter of the Pulsar group. It's a tough decision to give up flying and to let go of a great project that has given so many hours of enjoyment. Very few people in this world can say they built and flew an airplane.

Bernie, you are a great friend and I hope to see you in Lawrence for the fly in or at Oshkosh this year.

Take care,
Greg

In a message dated 7/11/2017 2:23:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time, bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

Bernie Wilder

briana(at)xtra.co.nz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

Hello Bernie,

It seems like it was only a short time ago that we met at one of the Lawrence gatherings, but it was actually more like 17 years ago. It was fun meeting up with other Pulsar builders that had been corresponding with each other during the years of our respective building projects.

I decided last year to hang up my goggles too, although I am still a few years younger than you at 77. It wasn’t a sudden decision, but I had been feeling less inclined to go flying for a variety of reasons. Actually It was virtually impossible to get a BFR in my Pulsar because the regulatory environment here insists that the instructor doing the BFR must be rated in the aircraft. The fact is that there aren’t any. It just seemed dumb to me to have to rent a different aircraft, say a C152, to do the BFR, and then never fly it again for another two years. But, many of our regulations are dumb!

Having sold my Pulsar [after moving it into the microlight category for the new owner], I am not sad about my decision. I enjoyed the building process, I enjoyed corresponding with, and meeting other Pulsar builders, and I enjoyed flying more than 500 hours in one of the best performing aeroplanes around.

I am contemplating what to do with my other aeroplane, the little Flitzer. I would like to fly it but I won’t. It could be a lawn ornament too, or maybe [it is small enough] just hang it from the ceiling. On the other hand, some younger enthusiast might be dying to launch forth in it. Who knows.

So another phase of our lives is over. But we are not confined to the old rocking chair yet. I’ve been cycling in earnest again, going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, and I participated in the World Masters Games on the velodrome just a couple of months ago. That was a lot of fun too.

Best wishes,

Brian Anderson
Quote:
On 12/07/2017, at 3:27 AM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Needs an annual.

Needs a paint job.

Bernie Wilder

myrontruex(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: N390XP Reply with quote

A friend of mine turned his Tennie Two into a weather vane for his friends building. It works great.

Myron

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: