Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Van's FWF kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Van's FWF kit Reply with quote

I've read numerous posts regarding different options when installing the engine. Does anyone know of a list of recommendations for items to delete from the Van's FWF kit. I'm installing the IO-540 from Lycoming with 1 slick and 1 pmag.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
tsts4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Van's FWF kit Reply with quote

Its been awhile but IIRC I deleted most of the hoses (which I replaced with ones from Tom at TS Flightlnes), the alternator, and the oil cooler mount/bracket (which I had bought earlier so I could install it during firewall construction).

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Lenny Iszak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Van's FWF kit Reply with quote

I'd delete the Pmag and move on to something that's actually available. Smile
It was ready to ship within the next two weeks at least 7 years ago.

If you are going with the stock Lycoming, Van's cowling, Hartzell prop then the fwf kit is adequate. I upgraded all the hoses to integral firesleeve from Stratoflex. If I were to do it again I'd get the fuel hoses with the red external firesleeve on it. It may keep the fuel inside the hose a bit cooler.
Also, delete the hose that's connecting the fuel injection servo and the spider and get two shorter ones to connect the fuel flow sender in between there.

Lenny
whodja wrote:
I've read numerous posts regarding different options when installing the engine. Does anyone know of a list of recommendations for items to delete from the Van's FWF kit. I'm installing the IO-540 from Lycoming with 1 slick and 1 pmag.

Mauledriver(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Van's FWF kit Reply with quote

It's been awhile but assuming that the kit includes the black baffle
material, I'd delete and replace with a sheet of silicon material. Easy
to work with, virtually like new after 900 hours, the orange/red looks
good too.

On 7/12/2017 11:20 AM, whodja wrote:
Quote:

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: