Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Man for my Father in Law

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ernie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Missing Man for my Father in Law Reply with quote

I'm reaching out to you all in the Cleveland Ohio area. My father in Law Robert D. Shea passed away recently and we will be having a ceremony at KCGF which is named after him.

I would mean a lot to the family if we could get a missing man over the field during the ceremony. His Obit is below.
Quote:

Robert D. Shea, 93, died Saturday, June 14, 2017 in Ocala, Fl. surrounded by family.

He leaves behind his 4 children Robert Jr, John, Mary and Tom.

Born in Cleveland, son of Margarite (Mitchell) and Patrick Shea, he was a longtime resident of Gates Mills, OH

He served as an Army Air Corps pilot during WWII and went on to graduate from Ohio University in 1948. After the war he dedicated his life to aviation, first as a Flight Instructor in the Air Force reserve from 1946-1948 and in 1949 opened the Cuyahoga County Airport  and served as airport manager for 42 years. 
In 1963 Robert was the Recipient of the Air Force Association Aero Space Award and 1990 Recipient of the American Association of Airport Managers Distinguished Service Award. He was beloved member of the QB Society for 40 years. 

He continued to serve the aviation community as:
Quote:

• President of the Ohio Airport Managers Association from 1976 thru 1977

• President of the Cleveland National Air Show from 1983 thru 1987; 

• Vice-President of the Air Show Foundation;  

• Member of the Advisory Committee at  Ohio University - Aviation Department;  

Quote:

• Executive member of the American Association of Airport Executives;  

On October 13, 1991 Robert retired after 42 years of dedicated service from the county.  In tribute, the Board of Cuyahoga County Commissioners dedicated his name to Cuyahoga County Airport which is now also known as ROBERT D. SHEA FIELD.

Please contact me offline.
Thanks
Ernie

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Ernie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Missing Man for my Father in Law Reply with quote

Forgot to add.. the date of the ceremony will be Mon Aug 14th in the AM.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Ernest Martinez <erniel29(at)gmail.com (erniel29(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I'm reaching out to you all in the Cleveland Ohio area. My father in Law Robert D. Shea passed away recently and we will be having a ceremony at KCGF which is named after him.

I would mean a lot to the family if we could get a missing man over the field during the ceremony. His Obit is below.
Quote:

Robert D. Shea, 93, died Saturday, June 14, 2017 in Ocala, Fl. surrounded by family.

He leaves behind his 4 children Robert Jr, John, Mary and Tom.

Born in Cleveland, son of Margarite (Mitchell) and Patrick Shea, he was a longtime resident of Gates Mills, OH

He served as an Army Air Corps pilot during WWII and went on to graduate from Ohio University in 1948. After the war he dedicated his life to aviation, first as a Flight Instructor in the Air Force reserve from 1946-1948 and in 1949 opened the Cuyahoga County Airport  and served as airport manager for 42 years. 
In 1963 Robert was the Recipient of the Air Force Association Aero Space Award and 1990 Recipient of the American Association of Airport Managers Distinguished Service Award. He was beloved member of the QB Society for 40 years. 

He continued to serve the aviation community as:
Quote:

• President of the Ohio Airport Managers Association from 1976 thru 1977

• President of the Cleveland National Air Show from 1983 thru 1987; 

• Vice-President of the Air Show Foundation;  

• Member of the Advisory Committee at  Ohio University - Aviation Department;  

Quote:

• Executive member of the American Association of Airport Executives;  

On October 13, 1991 Robert retired after 42 years of dedicated service from the county.  In tribute, the Board of Cuyahoga County Commissioners dedicated his name to Cuyahoga County Airport which is now also known as ROBERT D. SHEA FIELD.

Please contact me offline.
Thanks
Ernie

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: