Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

relaying information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: relaying information Reply with quote

I received an email from a Northern flyer concerning an accident with his plane. He did not wish to be identified for some reason. This is what I got.

Would you mind passing this on to the Kolb group? I'd like to not put my name in with it.
I recently wrecked a perfectly good Kolb MK III and would like to pass on  a couple of comments.

You can see some details of the incident at: 
http://www.summit107.com/news/east-kootenay-news/plane-crash-near-creston-results-in-two-people-receiving-minor-injuries/
The engine was a beautifully converted Geo 4 cylinder that ran as smooth as silk. This installation might be a little heavier than a 912 and a friend predicted that in an accident the engine would be in our laps. In fact, as you can see from the picture, there was next to no structural failure in the cage/engine mount area in spite of a landing that wiped off the gear, flattened the belly and essentially wrote off the plane.
I was the pilot and sustained minor back damage: lots of aches and pains and a minor concussion (some memory loss of the last critical moments) but nothing broken. My friend on the other hand had severe back damage as in a broken back needing pins to fuse several vertebrae.She will recover most function but will not likely be up to her pre-accident capability.  It is possible that her damage was caused by impact with the battery which was under her seat. If I ever own another plane like this I would look into some kind of rigid seat pan for back protection
Because of the memory loss, I cannot say for sure what happened. There was a power reduction after take-off . I did push the nose down to go under power lines. I did not pull up enough. Don't know why.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the things that we could take away from this incident is that the sling seats can be hazardous to your health.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: