Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Yet another Video Reply with quote

I had thought that I was done, but then the Monsoons from NM and Arizona decide to bend the jet stream our way. This of course brings heat and moisture. The heavy clouds build up static electricity that just has to discharge as it passes over some of the most volatale terrain outside of lower California. We were under "flood watch", but the forecast was for only 30 percent of the area. Well the floods did not arrive, but the lightening did.

The area that got the most of it was the area burned over 3 or 4 years ago, and consisting of Cheat Grass. Of course fires soon generate their own wind, and it doesn't take too long before things get interesting. I waited until I was sure that the fire was out and whatever TFR's were in place, were not in effect. The fire consumed about 1700 acres before it was put out.
You will notice that at the South end of the fire, further burning was stopped by the application of Fire retardant. They use "crop dusters" first, to drop loads of retardant. It takes time and quite possibly the large tankers are in use at higher priority fires and are not available. You can see quite plainly that they effectively put out the fire on the South end of the mountain.
https://vimeo.com/227323102   password    owyheeflyer
Larry

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

lcottrell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Yet another Video Reply with quote

I made a mistake on the size of the fire, Rather than 1700 acres correct that to 17000 acres.

Larry

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Yet another Video Reply with quote

That's okay, Larry. It was another well done video. My new virb elite arrived yesterday. Now it's going be figuring out the software and where to mount it. Looks like a nice camera. George

Have a great day!

On Jul 27, 2017, at 11:40 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I made a mistake on the size of the fire, Rather than 1700 acres correct that to 17000 acres.

Larry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: