Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virb settings - Yet another video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Virb settings - Yet another video Reply with quote

The settings that I use fits my needs best, and are as follows.video mode 1080P
field of view- Ultra Zoom
Loop- off
Auto Record- When moving 
Digital Stabilizer- on
Lens correction- check
 Of all the settings on the camera, the "Ultra Zoom" is the most important and gets rid of the fish eye effect.
I use Auto record simply because it makes its use "fool proof". I do have a remote, but I am so ingenious that I can still screw it up. With a good Micro SD card it will record up to about 6 hours, and none of us has that much range. You can still activate the camera while the virb is recording with the remote. The camera has Wifi, but its line of sight and not as reliable as a real remote.
If you want to see the G Metrix (Speed etc) you will have to use the editing program that comes with the camera. It ( to me) seems to be a bit difficult to use, but then I probably haven't invested the time to learn it. I make a basic cut of what I want to show, then export it to a folder on my computer. I will then import it into Cyberlink editing program and finish it there.
If there is any way that I can help you with it don't hesitate to ask.
Looking forward to some videos from you.
Larry

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Virb settings - Yet another video Reply with quote

Well Larry, I received my virb elite yesterday. I took it out for a flight this morning. I mounted in the GoPro mount that's on my nose cone of my Firestar original. I used all of your settings. The camera works great,color, resolution, etc. unfortunately it's weight is a lot more then the GoPro session5. A half pound verses 2 oz. . Besides wind vibration I'm getting a lot of resonance vibrations thru the airframe especially at reduced or while reducing power. I was wondering how you mount your camera because your videos are so smooth and vibration free. I really like this camera. It's works well. Thanks, George

Have a great day!

[quote] On Jul 28, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com> wrote:

The settings that I use fits my needs best, and are as follows.
video mode 1080P
Loop- off
Auto Record- When moving
Digital Stabilizer- on
Lens correction- check

Of all the settings on the camera, the "Ultra Zoom" is the most important and gets rid of the fish eye effect.

I use Auto record simply because it makes its use "fool proof". I do have a remote, but I am so ingenious that I can still screw it up. With a good Micro SD card it will record up to about 6 hours, and none of us has that much range. You can still activate the camera while the virb is recording with the remote. The camera has Wifi, but its line of sight and not as reliable as a real remote.

If you want to see the G Metrix (Speed etc) you will have to use the editing program that comes with the camera. It ( to me) seems to be a bit difficult to use, but then I probably haven't invested the time to learn it. I make a basic cut of what I want to show, then export it to a folder on my computer. I will then import it into Cyberlink editing program and finish it there

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Virb settings - Yet another video Reply with quote

This is where mine is located. I have tried every where else and this is the only place on my plane that gives me a decent video.

I have a pitot tube right through the front of the pod. I think I got it from LEAF and the original attraction is that the pitot tube can be removed. I had one bent at a airshow. By someones spoiled kid of course, so I got this one. The shorter you can keep the connections and extensions the firmer the mount.
The other spot would be on the fold hard point on the wing. You can record right side up or upside down in the settings, just no in between.
The mount is set up for a drift camera now, you would have to secure the cradle rather than the screw in. If you are fond of selfies the wing would be the way to go. Smile
Larry
On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 7:22 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Well Larry, I received my virb elite yesterday. I took it out for a flight this morning. I mounted in the GoPro mount that's on my nose cone of my Firestar original. I used all of your settings. The camera works great,color, resolution, etc. unfortunately it's weight is a lot more then the GoPro session5. A half pound verses 2 oz. . Besides wind vibration I'm getting a lot of resonance vibrations thru the airframe especially at reduced or while reducing power. I was wondering how you mount your camera because your videos are so smooth and vibration free. I really like this camera. It's works well. Thanks, George 

Have a great day!

On Jul 28, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Loop- off
Auto Record- When moving 
Digital Stabilizer- on
Lens correction- check
If you want to see the G Metrix (Speed etc) you will have to use the editing program that comes with the camera. It ( to me) seems to be a bit difficult to use, but then I probably haven't invested the time to learn it. I make a basic cut of what I want to show, then export it to a folder on my computer. I will then import it into Cyberlink editing program and finish it there.
Larry

--

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

--

mount_1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  301.68 KB
 Viewed:  2852 Time(s)

mount_1.JPG

mount.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  310.32 KB

mount.JPG

Camera_mount_1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.54 MB

Camera_mount_1.JPG

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Virb settings - Yet another video Reply with quote

Well, I tried this mount today. I'll see how it worked as soon as the video finishes downloading?[img]cid:934AB4EB-68A3-47D0-AA1B-C58FE8B82E87[/img]

Have a great day!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 9:46 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
This is where mine is located. I have tried every where else and this is the only place on my plane that gives me a decent video.

I have a pitot tube right through the front of the pod. I think I got it from LEAF and the original attraction is that the pitot tube can be removed. I had one bent at a airshow. By someones spoiled kid of course, so I got this one. The shorter you can keep the connections and extensions the firmer the mount.
The other spot would be on the fold hard point on the wing. You can record right side up or upside down in the settings, just no in between.
The mount is set up for a drift camera now, you would have to secure the cradle rather than the screw in. If you are fond of selfies the wing would be the way to go. Smile
Larry
On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 7:22 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Have a great day!

On Jul 28, 2017, at 10:44 AM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Loop- off
Auto Record- When moving
Digital Stabilizer- on
Lens correction- check
Larry

--

--

<mount 1.JPG>
<mount.JPG>
<Camera mount 1.JPG>

image1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.67 KB
 Viewed:  2841 Time(s)

image1.jpeg

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Virb settings - Yet another video Reply with quote

Well Larry this setup seems to help the jitters some. I think a lot of problems are related to harmonic vibrations caused by running a two blade prop. When changing power settings.
I'm going to try a wing mount next. I may try reinforcing under the nose pod where the camera sits too. Thanks for your help, George

Have a great day!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 9:46 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Larry
Quote:

Have a great day!

Quote:
Loop- off
Auto Record- When moving
Digital Stabilizer- on
Lens correction- check
Larry

--

--

<mount 1.JPG>
<mount.JPG>
<Camera mount 1.JPG>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: