Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triple Tree from NE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse(at)saintaviation.co

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Triple Tree from NE? Reply with quote

I hope to be at Triple Tree tomorrow for the eclipse. Is anybody going from anywhere near Lancaster, PA or Virginia Beach that has an open seat for the ride home?

Jesse SaintSaint Aviation, Inc.
jesse(at)saintaviation.com (jesse(at)saintaviation.com)
C: 352-427-0285
F: 815-377-3694

Quote:
Quote:

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Lew Gallagher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Triple Tree from NE? Reply with quote

Hey Jesse,

I’m in Greenville, SC and with all the hype, the “apocalypse” is turning into a zoo here for tomorrow. I’ve forwarded your msg. on to our EAA guy, Dale Ellis, who will be there tomorrow and knows most of what’s going on.

Later, – Lew

Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:38 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Triple Tree from NE?

I hope to be at Triple Tree tomorrow for the eclipse. Is anybody going from anywhere near Lancaster, PA or Virginia Beach that has an open seat for the ride home?

Jesse Saint Saint Aviation, Inc.

Quote:
Quote:

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

NOW OFICIALLY BUILDER #40549
Fly off completed !
Lew Gallagher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Triple Tree from NE? Reply with quote

Hi Lew.

I don't know of anyone from there or going there. Sorry.

It will be a zoo there tomorrow, I am sure. We could see 400 airplanes. I am going to be in the tower trying to help manage the traffic mess.

Dale

Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:38 PM
Subject: Triple Tree from NE?

Quote:
Quote:

Fly off completed !
Mauledriver(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Triple Tree from NE? Reply with quote

I hope you made it.  I wish I could have helped. 

Let me do a report:

Triple Tree was fantastic!  Beyond the wonder of totality (and we got it all as the cooling air killed the convection, thus killing the cumulus for clear blue skies), the folks at TT did an absolutely outstanding hosting job despite having no way to accurately guage the response.

I'm sure it was a zoo for those that worked and volunteered for the event but they all deserve praise.

I was last there 10 years ago when I was the only fly-in for an RC meet.  The place as grown quite a bit since then so that they house a fly-in or two in addition to the famous RC events.  7,000 feet of smooth grass with parking and camping for many 100s of people and planes and campers.  We came in the night before, sans the arrival procedure I'm sorry to say, but fit in with the traffic and the unofficial tower just fine.  We were directed to a nice shady (!!) parking spot surrounded by by a couple of hundred other aircraft.  Top notch bath and shower facilities, several lakes, paths, roads, buses, carts and very friendly hosts were all in place and operating.  Everything was low key, organized, flexible and accommodating.  My SO had a broken  foot and was using a knee scooter so camping was challenging but fun nonetheless.

A cook your own steak dinner was setup, "Filet or Sirloin", outside the main hangar along with the right beverages.

I noted throughout that there were few mosquitoes and was convinced, without evidence, that the many acres had been sprayed.  They had a water truck wetting down the dusty spots periodically.  Just wonderful!

The next day we just watched hundreds of arrivals that included a DC3, my first sighting of a Pilatus Porter, and just about every other production and experimental aircraft imaginable on the grass strip.

The eclipse included a long foreplay, a few moments of ecstasy and a very quick departure my most aircraft and campers on the site.  We lined up at one of two departure points and didn't witness anything amiss beyond a few runups while sitting in line.  The control tower had a great controller on the radio with lots of help on the ground.  Running a tower at a private, untowered airport is an art form that they nailed.  I'm sure the last to arrive were a bit miffed because they seemed to be last to get out... but that's only fair, no?

ATC at Greer and CLT were a bit overwhelmed by the Monday afternoon GA push but I'm sure they knew it was coming(?).

Bill "thinking this must be what early Oshkosh might have felt like" Watson

On 8/20/2017 7:38 PM, Jesse Saint wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

Lew Gallagher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Triple Tree from NE? Reply with quote

Hey Bill,

I passed on your review to Dale Ellis who is very involved with Triple Tree. He was extremely grateful and says he will pass it along to other volunteers/organizers. They had way more planes and participants than anticipated an still managed to pull it off without hitches ... maybe the exception was all the folks who wanted to take off immediately after totality and created the conga line.
Later, – Lew

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: Triple Tree from NE?

I hope you made it. I wish I could have helped.

Let me do a report:

Triple Tree was fantastic! Beyond the wonder of totality (and we got it all as the cooling air killed the convection, thus killing the cumulus for clear blue skies), the folks at TT did an absolutely outstanding hosting job despite having no way to accurately guage the response.

I'm sure it was a zoo for those that worked and volunteered for the event but they all deserve praise.

I was last there 10 years ago when I was the only fly-in for an RC meet. The place as grown quite a bit since then so that they house a fly-in or two in addition to the famous RC events. 7,000 feet of smooth grass with parking and camping for many 100s of people and planes and campers. We came in the night before, sans the arrival procedure I'm sorry to say, but fit in with the traffic and the unofficial tower just fine. We were directed to a nice shady (!!) parking spot surrounded by by a couple of hundred other aircraft. Top notch bath and shower facilities, several lakes, paths, roads, buses, carts and very friendly hosts were all in place and operating. Everything was low key, organized, flexible and accommodating. My SO had a broken foot and was using a knee scooter so camping was challenging but fun nonetheless.

A cook your own steak dinner was setup, "Filet or Sirloin", outside the main hangar along with the right beverages.

I noted throughout that there were few mosquitoes and was convinced, without evidence, that the many acres had been sprayed. They had a water truck wetting down the dusty spots periodically. Just wonderful!

The next day we just watched hundreds of arrivals that included a DC3, my first sighting of a Pilatus Porter, and just about every other production and experimental aircraft imaginable on the grass strip.

The eclipse included a long foreplay, a few moments of ecstasy and a very quick departure my most aircraft and campers on the site. We lined up at one of two departure points and didn't witness anything amiss beyond a few runups while sitting in line. The control tower had a great controller on the radio with lots of help on the ground. Running a tower at a private, untowered airport is an art form that they nailed. I'm sure the last to arrive were a bit miffed because they seemed to be last to get out... but that's only fair, no?

ATC at Greer and CLT were a bit overwhelmed by the Monday afternoon GA push but I'm sure they knew it was coming(?).

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Fly off completed !
Mauledriver(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Triple Tree from NE? Reply with quote

Thanks!

There wasn't any hitch in the departure... what are you going to do when 'everyone' wants to leave at once?  You move 'em out as fast as you can, which they did.

do not archive

On 8/23/2017 1:37 PM, lewgall(at)charter.net (lewgall(at)charter.net) wrote:

Quote:
Hey Bill,

I  passed on your review to Dale Ellis who is very involved with Triple Tree.  He was extremely grateful and says he will pass it along to other volunteers/organizers.  They had way more planes and participants than anticipated an still managed to pull it off without hitches ... maybe the exception was all the folks who wanted to take off immediately after totality and created the conga line.
Later, – Lew

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: Triple Tree from NE?

I hope you made it.  I wish I could have helped. 

Let me do a report:

Triple Tree was fantastic!  Beyond the wonder of totality (and we got it all as the cooling air killed the convection, thus killing the cumulus for clear blue skies), the folks at TT did an absolutely outstanding hosting job despite having no way to accurately guage the response.

I was last there 10 years ago when I was the only fly-in for an RC meet.  The place as grown quite a bit since then so that they house a fly-in or two in addition to the famous RC events.  7,000 feet of smooth grass with parking and camping for many 100s of people and planes and campers.  We came in the night before, sans the arrival procedure I'm sorry to say, but fit in with the traffic and the unofficial tower just fine.  We were directed to a nice shady (!!) parking spot surrounded by by a couple of hundred other aircraft.  Top notch bath and shower facilities, several lakes, paths, roads, buses, carts and very friendly hosts were all in place and operating.  Everything was low key, organized, flexible and accommodating.  My SO had a broken  foot and was using a knee scooter so camping was challenging but fun nonetheless.

I noted throughout that there were few mosquitoes and was convinced, without evidence, that the many acres had been sprayed.  They had a water truck wetting down the dusty spots periodically.  Just wonderful!

The eclipse included a long foreplay, a few moments of ecstasy and a very quick departure my most aircraft and campers on the site.  We lined up at one of two departure points and didn't witness anything amiss beyond a few runups while sitting in line.  The control tower had a great controller on the radio with lots of help on the ground.  Running a tower at a private, untowered airport is an art form that they nailed.  I'm sure the last to arrive were a bit miffed because they seemed to be last to get out... but that's only fair, no?

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: