Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil Line Hoses and Fittings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clouddog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Oil Line Hoses and Fittings Reply with quote

Has anyone ever used the Chinese Oil Line hoses  with any type of the AN fittings such as the Aeroquip AN 491 Series or perhaps another MFG of AN hose fittings? I was wanting to perhaps use the Chinese hose with the Chinese Metric Fittings at one end but cut the hose and put an AN fitting on the other end. I believe I can also use Aeroquip 303 hose with the AN 491 fitting, throw away the B  AN nut and use a Chinese Millimeter B nut in it's place. This is for the Big 12D oil lines. I'm replacing all my oil lines in the system and adding an Oil Filter in the line from the engine to the cooler so there is a combination of Metric vs AN. Here is another question. I have been told that the Chinese use American Pipe Thread going into the bottom of the Oil Tank. If that is true then I can get a couple of those nipples from Doug Sapp and screw those into the oil filter housing and just use all New Chinese hoses. PS I have already purchased the entire Oil Line Hose set from Doug and just trying to add the American Oil Filter into the system. I'm sure there are a lot of ways to go about this. Just looking at all possible solutions without reinventing the system.Thanks y'all

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Oil Line Hoses and Fittings Reply with quote

There is an alternative solution available should your solution not work out. Check out Kimball's set of M-14 adapters, which are designed to adapt all M-14 engine fittings over to AN type. These are of course for the Russian engines. I have no experience with the Housai, but possibly someone else can tell you whether they are the same or not. I am guessing they might be. But?

http://www.jimkimballenterprises.com/m14p.php

Mark
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

woodja51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Line Hoses and Fittings- pump question Reply with quote

Can anyone answer the following ... does the oil pump have a failure mode such that if the inlet oil to the pump runs out / line fails and there's no tank oil , it stops the scavenge pump sending the oil out of the engine to the tank , and rather cycles the oil internally ? Just looking at the schematic and not having disassembled a pump - it appears there is a gallery joining the scavenge side to the pressure side with a spring / valve arrangement - separate to the pressure regulator ? It seems that if the input pressure drops , due to say no oil in the input line , the scavenge side redirects oil to the pressure side creating a closed loop to prevent engine seizure - as it uses what's in the sump etc ... is this correct or am I deluding myself that an engineer might have actually designed a failsafe this way ? Thanks , matt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: