Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirEupora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad Reply with quote

http://tbtpics.tampabay.com/news/weather/hurricanes/hillsborough-spared-widespread-damage-from-hurricane-irma/2337039

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad Reply with quote

To all:
We made it through Hurricane Irma just fine. The eye went over our house in Valrico about 1AM on Monday. Winds on the West side of the eye wall were only 80-90 mph. Trees were knocked down and power out until Thursday. The shop had some screws come out of the roofing and only a few drips. Many limbs and branches to clean up. The Plant City Airport hangar I use is fine. The shaking just made a mess of the interior due to paint and dirt/bird droppings falling from the ceilings. Just cleanup.

At home, we were prepared. Storm surge/ waters have to hit 100 feet to get to my house, we have a 5500 watt generator, water purifiers, a 15,000 gallon pool for a water source, plenty of food and of course plywood for covering up windows. We don’t power our AC unit so fans were necessary to beat the heat.  Our home is reinforced to Cat 2 hurricane standards and we have seen 115 mph winds before. Our roof has not just new shingles, we have a peel and stick, self healing membrane on the roof. To meet cat three I just need ply on my patio / lani doors and internal reinforced garage door supports. It is OK for us to weather a Cat 2 but trust me, I won’t be here for a Cat 3. Not worth it.

I feel bad about the East coast of Florida as they never expected the storm surge of water of which almost nothing can be done about the flooding and power of water. Shame, as most of us never saw that coming with the storm over the West coast and moving north so fast, but it was a very large storm and even ships were floated inland as far north as South Carolina. The storm luckily missed Key West and although power was out, and trees are down, the city is not too bad considering. We don’t know how Creighton Smith’s house is yet on Pine Island which is between Sarasota and Fort Meyers. I think Ira Rampil in Griffin Ga. had more wind, tornados and rain than I did. He did well as his place is well built.

Best Regards,
Bud and Anita Yerly

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:34 AM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad

--> Europa-List message posted by: "AirEupora" <AirEupora(at)sbcglobal.net>

http://tbtpics.tampabay.com/news/weather/hurricanes/hillsborough-spared-widespread-damage-from-hurricane-irma/2337039

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=472780#472780

===========
st Email Forum -
pa-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
ums.matronics.com
===========
p; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
matronics.com
===========
p; - List Contribution Web Site -
p;   -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

DuaneFamly(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad Reply with quote

Glad to hear you and Anita came through it well. For some reason, I figured you would be well-prepared.
I believe I have a line on a hanger at Henderson executive airport come November 1. I also lined up a CFI that has access to a Taildragger, so I can get my BFR and hours to help calm the insurance companies when I contact them.
Towards that end, I have a couple of questions so that I know which way to proceed. Are you still inclined to come out to Las Vegas for the first flight and flight testing? How is your flight status? When I contact the insurance company, do I have your name added as a pilot to the policy? I was thinking of starting the flight testing the beginning of November. I think we should have nice comfortable weather for the flight testing. How does that sit with your schedule.
Looking forward to it.
Mike Duane
N377EA

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2017, at 7:14 AM, Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)> wrote:
Quote:

To all:
We made it through Hurricane Irma just fine. The eye went over our house in Valrico about 1AM on Monday. Winds on the West side of the eye wall were only 80-90 mph. Trees were knocked down and power out until Thursday. The shop had some screws come out of the roofing and only a few drips. Many limbs and branches to clean up. The Plant City Airport hangar I use is fine.  The shaking just made a mess of the interior due to paint and dirt/bird droppings falling from the ceilings. Just cleanup.

At home, we were prepared. Storm surge/ waters have to hit 100 feet to get to my house, we have a 5500 watt generator, water purifiers, a 15,000 gallon pool for a water source, plenty of food and of course plywood for covering up windows. We don’t power our AC unit so fans were necessary to beat the heat. Our home is reinforced to Cat 2 hurricane standards and we have seen 115 mph winds before. Our roof has not just new shingles, we have a peel and stick, self healing membrane on the roof. To meet cat three I just need ply on my patio / lani doors and internal reinforced garage door supports. It is OK for us to weather a Cat 2 but trust me, I won’t be here for a Cat 3. Not worth it.

I feel bad about the East coast of Florida as they never expected the storm surge of water of which almost nothing can be done about the flooding and power of water. Shame, as most of us never saw that coming with the storm over the West coast and moving north so fast, but it was a very large storm and even ships were floated inland as far north as South Carolina. The storm luckily missed Key West and although power was out, and trees are down, the city is not too bad considering. We don’t know how Creighton Smith’s house is yet on Pine Island which is between Sarasota and Fort Meyers. I think Ira Rampil in Griffin Ga. had more wind, tornados and rain than I did. He did well as his place is well built.

Best Regards,
Bud and Anita Yerly

--> Europa-List message posted by: "AirEupora" <AirEupora(at)sbcglobal.net (AirEupora(at)sbcglobal.net)>

===========
st Email Forum -
===========
ums.matronics.com
===========
matronics.com
===========
===========

budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad Reply with quote

Mike,
I’m glad you have a tail dragger to get some time in. Is a Luscombe with a bad wheel alignment on steroids. A Champ or Cub are too docile. A Citabria with the stiff gear spring legs is pretty good or a short wing Piper pacer. Once you have the three point attitude down, it is a pussy cat.

I was weather cancelled for my stress test last week. I have been unable to get it rescheduled this week. I’m itching to get back in the air and should be good to go by the end of this month if I can get the doctors to cooperate.

I always like to have all the pilots on the policy.  Check with your insurance company, normally one test pilot or instructor pilot is not an extra charge. Also check as some companies will not insure the hull until a certain number of hours are on the airframe.

Early November is great. We have another grandbaby coming this week and Grandmas have booked me for early October for two weeks.

Stay out of the sun out there, the weather channel shows its pretty brutal right now.

Regards,
Bud Yerly

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad

Glad to hear you and Anita came through it well. For some reason, I figured you would be well-prepared.
I believe I have a line on a hanger at Henderson executive airport come November 1. I also lined up a CFI that has access to a Taildragger, so I can get my BFR and hours to help calm the insurance companies when I contact them.

Towards that end, I have a couple of questions so that I know which way to proceed. Are you still inclined to come out to Las Vegas for the first flight and flight testing? How is your flight status? When I contact the insurance company, do I have your name added as a pilot to the policy? I was thinking of starting the flight testing the beginning of November. I think we should have nice comfortable weather for the flight testing. How does that sit with your schedule.

Looking forward to it.

Mike Duane

N377EA

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2017, at 7:14 AM, Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)> wrote:
Quote:

To all:
We made it through Hurricane Irma just fine. The eye went over our house in Valrico about 1AM on Monday. Winds on the West side of the eye wall were only 80-90 mph. Trees were knocked down and power out until Thursday. The shop had some screws come out of the roofing and only a few drips. Many limbs and branches to clean up. The Plant City Airport hangar I use is fine. The shaking just made a mess of the interior due to paint and dirt/bird droppings falling from the ceilings. Just cleanup.

At home, we were prepared. Storm surge/ waters have to hit 100 feet to get to my house, we have a 5500 watt generator, water purifiers, a 15,000 gallon pool for a water source, plenty of food and of course plywood for covering up windows. We don’t power our AC unit so fans were necessary to beat the heat.  Our home is reinforced to Cat 2 hurricane standards and we have seen 115 mph winds before. Our roof has not just new shingles, we have a peel and stick, self healing membrane on the roof. To meet cat three I just need ply on my patio / lani doors and internal reinforced garage door supports. It is OK for us to weather a Cat 2 but trust me, I won’t be here for a Cat 3. Not worth it.

Best Regards,
Bud and Anita Yerly

--> Europa-List message posted by: "AirEupora" <AirEupora(at)sbcglobal.net (AirEupora(at)sbcglobal.net)>

===========
st Email Forum -
===========
ums.matronics.com
===========
matronics.com
===========
===========

budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Looks like Bud's area wasn't hit to bad Reply with quote

Mike that’s great.
You will go along gladly with whatever grandma wants to do.
Congrats, it’s really great as you can spoil the hell out of them, and then go home and never change a diaper.

Bud

Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2017 5:11 PM

From my conversation with the CFI, it should be a Citabria.
I will be contacting the insurance agent on Monday to have him get me information.

I understand your situation with Anita wanting to see the G’Baby….Christine and I were just informed by our youngest son that they are pregnant. And since this is our first grandchild, I think Chrissy will be a mad woman come May 1st.

I’ll keep you informed of my progress.

Mike

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ýSaturdayý, ýSeptemberý ý16ý, ý2017 ý6ý:ý30ý ýAM

Mike,
I’m glad you have a tail dragger to get some time in. Is a Luscombe with a bad wheel alignment on steroids. A Champ or Cub are too docile. A Citabria with the stiff gear spring legs is pretty good or a short wing Piper pacer. Once you have the three point attitude down, it is a pussy cat.

I was weather cancelled for my stress test last week. I have been unable to get it rescheduled this week. I’m itching to get back in the air and should be good to go by the end of this month if I can get the doctors to cooperate.

I always like to have all the pilots on the policy.  Check with your insurance company, normally one test pilot or instructor pilot is not an extra charge. Also check as some companies will not insure the hull until a certain number of hours are on the airframe.

Early November is great. We have another grandbaby coming this week and Grandmas have booked me for early October for two weeks.

Stay out of the sun out there, the weather channel shows its pretty brutal right now.

Regards,
Bud Yerly

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 5:01 PM

Looking forward to it.

Mike Duane

N377EA

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

To all:

Best Regards,
Bud and Anita Yerly

===========
st Email Forum -
===========
ums.matronics.com
===========
matronics.com
===========
===========

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: