Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baklan won't transmit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yak Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Baklan won't transmit Reply with quote

Hi Yakkers,

I have the original baklan radio in my Yak 18T - series II. I can hear other aircraft, the intercom works fine but when I try and transmit via the PTT switch no one can hear me. It drops a carrier wave but there is no audible transmission coming through. It is the same on both sides. Has anyone had a similar fault?

Thanks in advance.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Baklan won't transmit Reply with quote

Try a different mic. before you trash the radio.
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rocknpilot(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Baklan won't transmit Reply with quote

I had this exact same thing happen a year ago. The FBO / other aircraft said they could detect the carrier wave but no audio. Upon inspection, one of the wires had let go on my helmet / headset jacks. 2 minutes of soldering later...VOILA!

It may be worth a look...

GOOD LUCK!

Rico Jaeger
915 S. 11th Ave.  
Wausau, WI. 54401
      //
1969 Cessna 150J   ^/---//-X
N61333     // Hangar #35 / AUW
    //
1992 Yakovlev Yak 52 ^/---//-X
N21YK //
Hangar #21 / AUW

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)shaw.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:15:45 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Baklan won't transmit

--> Yak-List message posted by: "Walter Lannon" <wlannon(at)shaw.ca>

Try a different mic. before you trash the radio.

--

pilko2(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Baklan won't transmit Reply with quote

Take a good look at the PTT button before you go much further.

I've had at least three fail.

kp

--

LawnDart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Baklan won't transmit Reply with quote

I seen this happen a few times. Once with my radio. I could hear the radio go into XMIT however there was no sidetone.
IIRC there are fuses on the tray at the rear. However we had to send the radio in for repair.
Leonid
858-578-2311

If that contact info does not work, contact Jill(at)M-14P

mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Baklan won't transmit Reply with quote

Actually, that is a very good point that I totally forgot. It is important to know whether the airplane with the gripe has good sidetone (as in: When you push the transmit PTT switch, can you hear yourself speak in your headset earphones?)

I am not 100% sure with this radio, but with EVERY other radio that I have worked on/with, sidetone was actually generated in the radio itself. Which means if you can hear yourself talk in your headset when transmitting, then your microphone audio is making it to the radio. If you then have no modulation on the transmitted signal and instead just carrier (and you VERIFY that it has carrier) then the odds pretty much say it must be the radio itself.

Wish I had remembered this before writing the last mess.

Thanks Leonid.

Mark

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: