Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AW: Re: Tool kit and spares kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alfred Buess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: AW: Re: Tool kit and spares kit Reply with quote

Jerry,
What type is the "much better tube nearly twice as thick" and where did you buy it?
Regards, Alfred

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] Im Auftrag von Jerry Rehn
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 23:42
An: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Betreff: Re: Re: Tool kit and spares kit

A good list! I carry pretty much the same, I also carry a copy of the page from the manual illustration of the wheel, handy to help see assembling. I have had two tube failures, fortunately not while landing, but the next morning flat. Both failures were at the stamp mark on the tube, weakened by that stamp. Finally found a much better tube nearly twice as thick. No more issues, but paranoid enough to carry a spare tube. I still run at 18lbs, I could see the tube wouldn’t suffer as much with more pressure but I’m not sure I wouldn’t be bouncing a lot at 26!
Jerry
Sent from my iPhone

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: AW: Re: Tool kit and spares kit Reply with quote

Alfred,

I have purchased heavy tubes from Desser Tire. The item number is TU 700/800-6 AM, Butyl Easy Valve TR-87.

Here is the link: https://www.desser.com/Aircraft-Tires-and-Tubes/700-800-6-AERO-CLASSIC-INLEAKGUARD-IN-BUTYL-TUBE-AERO-CLASS-GL-7087.asp

Valve TR-87 is the angled valve. They cost $59.95.

I also purchase Airhawk 700-6 6 ply tires from Desser.

Jim Butcher

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rehn(at)rockisland.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: AW: Re: Tool kit and spares kit Reply with quote

Alfred
Jim sent off email before me, that’s where I get mine too.
Jerry

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Dec 2, 2017, at 2:47 AM, A. Buess Aviatik <ykibuess(at)bluewin.ch> wrote:

Jerry,
What type is the "much better tube nearly twice as thick" and where did you buy it?
Regards, Alfred

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] Im Auftrag von Jerry Rehn
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Dezember 2017 23:42
An: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Betreff: Re: Re: Tool kit and spares kit

A good list! I carry pretty much the same, I also carry a copy of the page from the manual illustration of the wheel, handy to help see assembling. I have had two tube failures, fortunately not while landing, but the next morning flat. Both failures were at the stamp mark on the tube, weakened by that stamp. Finally found a much better tube nearly twice as thick. No more issues, but paranoid enough to carry a spare tube. I still run at 18lbs, I could see the tube wouldn’t suffer as much with more pressure but I’m not sure I wouldn’t be bouncing a lot at 26!
Jerry
Sent from my iPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: