Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas Reply with quote

David and all,
Over here in the States we weld up a 57 degree elbow out of 2" .049 6061T-6. Cut to fit. 2" fuel hose pieces and done.

Rather than those beautiful bent tubes, would the LAA allow such a simple mod that only costs a few bucks to make? The certified welder is the only cost. I cut the tube on my compound miter saw.
Curt welds it up in 10 minutes. It takes 5 minutes to trim up the ends to fit.

Best Regards,

Bud Yerly,
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

On Dec 15, 2017 4:20 PM, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk wrote:

Anthony, It would be interested to know whether you usually fill the fuel system (and if so ? up to the top) before you put the plane away or whether you fill up just before you go flying. That is will that pipe have spent most of its life in contact with fuel or with fumes? Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-12-15 20:47, anthony van eldik wrote:
Quote:
Dear David,
For your information my fuel filler hose dated 2001 was inspected independently by two engineers including my inspector and found to be in very good condition inside/out.Fuel used over the years was BP premium unleaded  .Pending a suitable replacement the hose will be refitted. It should be possible to find a replacement silicone fuel approved hose. I have the Xs extended baggage bay short hose version.
Regards
Anthony van Eldik

Sent from my iPad

On 15 Dec 2017, at 20:17, davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk) wrote:

Quote:

Yes 51 mm it is, but if there is no rush, there is a good possibility of the LAA coming up with an approved solution fairly soon
Regards, David Joyce,GXSDJ

On 2017-12-15 19:54, Roland wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Roland" <schmidtroland(at)web.de (schmidtroland(at)web.de)>

Is 51 mm inner diameter the correct size?
I'm about to replace the fuel hoses next month and I'm afraid that the fuel filler hose has deteriorated on the inside as well and I'd like to choose the best available.
Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=476416#476416
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas Reply with quote

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Dec 2017, at 11:19, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton(at)btinternet.com (grahamsingleton(at)btinternet.com)> wrote:
[quote]Best solution is to use short silicone joints to an aluminium elbow, it's much lighter and the silicone is less problematic regarding erosion etc.
Tim Ward organised a batch of nice elbows but that was years ago.
It wouldn't be difficult to weld one up?
Graham

On Saturday, 16 December 2017, 9:33, Brian Davies <brian.davies44(at)gmail.com (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

--> Europa-List message posted by: "Brian Davies" <brian.davies44(at)gmail.com (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)>

Demon Tweeks says in stock 3 day delivery.

Brian

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas Reply with quote

Sent from my iPad

On 17 Dec 2017, at 10:43, anthony van eldik <afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com (afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Dec 2017, at 11:19, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton(at)btinternet.com (grahamsingleton(at)btinternet.com)> wrote:
[quote]Best solution is to use short silicone joints to an aluminium elbow, it's much lighter and the silicone is less problematic regarding erosion etc.
Graham

On Saturday, 16 December 2017, 9:33, Brian Davies <brian.davies44(at)gmail.com (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

--> Europa-List message posted by: "Brian Davies" <brian.davies44(at)gmail.com (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)>

Brian

--

afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: LAA Airworthiness Alert. AIL December 2017 All Europas Reply with quote

Dear Graham,I fully agree with you this would be the best solution. Silicon fuel resistant hose in 51 size is readily available and it should be possible to obtain aluminium 60 degrees elbows like Tim Ward had many years ago.
Anthony Van Eldik

Sent from my iPad

On 17 Dec 2017, at 10:43, anthony van eldik <afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com (afc.tulips7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
Best solution is to use short silicone joints to an aluminium elbow, it's much lighter and the silicone is less problematic regarding erosion etc.
Graham

--> Europa-List message posted by: "Brian Davies" <brian.davies44(at)gma (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)brian.davies44(at)gmail.com (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)il.com (brian.davies44(at)gmail.com)>

[quote]

Brian

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: