Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best props (Enrichers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hauck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: best props (Enrichers) Reply with quote

I do remember one time the enricher saved me from an engine out. I was flying the FS 447 from Bert Howland's airstrip in Maryland, NY, to Monterey, NY, and the Ultralight Flight Farm, owned by Bill and Barbara Locke. Stopped at Norwich, NY, for fuel. My routine was estimate how much fuel and oil I would need, dump the oil in the tank, rock the airplane to mix up the oil and gas, then top off the tank. I took on quite a bit of fuel after I made my estimate and poured the oil in the tank. On takeoff I got about 100 feet above the ground and started losing power. When I twisted my head around to see about making it back to the airport I saw a big trail of blue smoke. Light bulb went on really quick. Forgot to mix the oil and gas. I pulled the enricher full on, kept the engine running until I got on the ground, all the while trailing big clouds of blue smoke. Pulled the fuel bowl off the carb. It was full of dark blue oil. I had gotten distracted while answering questions during refueling.

BTW: That was 1989. I was on my way to Oshkosh via Homer Kolb's, all the New England States, the flight farm, over Niagara Falls, up to Sault St Marie, MI, back down the north and west shore of Lake Michigan, and finally Oshkosh. Those were fun, exciting days.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: